2011 Elite Bows

Billy V

I have a 2010 Elite GT500 that is the sweetest shooting bow I've ever had - a ton faster and sooo much smoother than my Mathews Switchback ever was:

DSC_0222.jpg

Today Elite just announced their 2011 lineup. Choices, choices! http://www.elitearchery.com/products/2011-bows/

They're one of the fastest growing bow companies in the country because they make incredible bows. Best part is - the company is headquartered right along Lake Ontario in Henrietta, NY. Check 'em out!!

it is a bow tech nock off to me .. rumor has it that one of the guys from bow tech left them and started his own , not sure if its true or not , info came from a pro shop out in phelps ..

sorry about that , the pup jumped on my lap . mabe my next bow . my buddy has the same bow and yes it is nice , not ready to let the bow i have now go . my buddy is huntin over a 3 acre plot and is pretty darn good out to 50 , with it . i shot it today , he talked me in to it and now durin the off season , ill be shootin one ... im . sold ive always liked single came bows and all . that shot nice.

yes the primary bow designer kevin strother that started bowtech moved on to elite for two years, then moved on to make new bows called strother. Even though he is the designer and not the owner they named the company after him.

now the rumor is that he and strother archery has parted ways for the 2011 year. Even though kevin usually has short time frames at his companies you can not deny his great talent. :yes::yes:

Either way kevin is a killer bow designer and depending on the year of the bowtech, elite and strother they were all designed by kevin strother.

billy, your 2010 was a design from elite archery based out of rochester which is awesome. hopefully the pure and hunter of the new designs provide everything we are looking for in a bow!!!

thanks for sharing

btw google strother archery and you will drool even more over them than the past elites and bowtechs.. just my .02 and that is worth ... :rofl:

That's no rumor - Kevin has absolutely parted ways with Strother Archery. Seems he doesn't play well with others. There's no denying that the man can design bows though and he did give Elite a nice starting design. I've seen his Strother bows and they look nice. But the company has had a hard time delivering product on time and now they've lost the guy who they named the company after even though he was with them for less than a year...better scoop up a Strother while you can.

I haven't shot the 2011 lineup from Elite yet, but I will be very soon. Pete (the President of Elite) tells me that the new bows are improved in every way over the 2010 lineup - smoother, quieter, etc. If they are what Pete says they are then they're going to have an even bigger hit on their hands than they did with the 2010 bows.

Today I had the opportunity to shoot my 2010 Elite GT 500 side-by side with the new 2011 Elite Pure. I've been a huge fan of the GT 500 for a couple of years now and have considered it to be one of the best bows ever made. It's fast, quiet, shock and vibration free and has a great draw cycle. Fit and finish is among the best I've ever seen on any bow. In short, I love the bow and have recommended it to lots of my friends. Keep in mind that I'm not a professional archer or bow reviewer of any kind, so please bear with me as I try to describe what I saw and felt with the two bows today. Take it for what it's worth - just one man's opinion.

When I saw the 2011 Elite lineup, I had a similar reaction as many of the people who have posted here did - nice looking stuff, but nothing "Wow'ed" me. To my untrained eye, the specs looked like they took the 2010 lineup and just tweaked a few things here and there. Then I shot the bow. Before I get to the way the bow felt, let me say that fit and finish is exactly what I've come to expect from Elite - it's was flawless. Not a bump or mark anywhere on the riser, limbs, or cams. The Pure is a beautiful piece of work and felt balanced and natural in my hand. I was able to put a few arrows through my GT 500 with string leeches, rest, and my stab on it, and then I shot the Pure with nothing on it other than a rest and a D-loop - no additional string leeches or a stabilizer were installed. I believe the words that came out of my mouth after I drew and then fired the bow were something like "OH MY GOD!". What an incredible difference!! The draw is SO MUCH smoother than on the GT 500 - no more stacking up of the draw cycle before breaking over the hump. To me, the draw cycle of the Pure is just what the name implies - it's pure - it's super smooth like a hot knife going through butter and felt a lot more linear and effortless to me than my GT500 feels. I found the bow to be incredibly easy to hold at full draw and didn't notice a tendency to want to creep or jump at all. It had a very firm back wall and frankly kinda blew me away with how much of an improvement the entire draw cycle is over the GT 500.

Once I punched the trigger I was blown away once again - this time by how completely silent and shock and vibration free the bow was. The Pure is a quantum leap in improvement in this area over my GT 500, something I didn't ever think was possible or even needed for that matter. In my opinion there is no need to add anything to the Pure to help silence or dampen it. I'm really at a loss for words as to how quiet and buzz-free the bow is. How the folks at Elite pulled this off is way beyond me, but they certainly did it. To me, they've hit a huge home run with their entire line-up this year.

To those of you who had that same reaction to the specs of the 2011 lineup that I initially did, do yourself a favor before rushing to judgment - Go shoot the bows!! I shot the Hunter, the Pure, and the Pulse today and loved each and every one of them. There really is something for everyone in the 2011 Elite lineup. I know I'll be listing my GT500 for sale just as soon as I can get my hands on 2011 Pure. Consider me officially "Wow'ed"!

Something that I forgot to mention above was that my GT500 was set at 66lbs and the Pure that I drew was set at 72lbs. I couldn't believe how much easier to draw the Pure was than my GT500 even though it was set 6 lbs heavier. I could easily shoot the Pure at 75 lbs, but I can't imagine shooting my GT500 much heavier than the 66lbs its set at now. The new cams are fantastic!