6PM to 12:30 AM.

No fish, no hits, anywhere. Flow in creek was very heavy....tons of debris and weeds coming downstream. Fished both creek and lake side. No one had a hit or had seen a fish all day. Not sure what is going on....it is crazy.

Either:

A) Weather this year has screwed them up and they have not run in numbers yet

B) Weather this year has screwed them up and they are running spread out over so many months that numbers any particular day are down

C) Numbers are just way down

D) They already ran, in secret, when and where no one was watching

E) Other, feel free to compose your own creative theory

heres my take on salmon run so far at olcott/18 mile creek .my buddy and i have been fishing about every other day for the last 2 weeks from a 14ft boat from the yacht club up to last deep hole before burt. weve noticed a few things that might help you to increase your luck! when there is a strong n/w or n/e wind that produces 2-3 foot rollers between the piers it stirs up the bottom in the yacht club area ( the bowl area) , during these conditions we consistantly catch 2-4 salmon each trip . weve noticed when the peirs are full of fisherman chucking noisy lures and boats going in and out the channel these fish move down creek to hedleys dock area and yacht club bowl area. it seems the most productive time to fish this area is about an hour before dark . we throw glow rattletraps and J-13 firetigers to catch all our fish . i have noticed that the more productive days are when water is stained from wave action. we also go up the creek when harbor is flat and fish holes past rt 18 bridge usind same lures , best time is 1 hour before dark , only problem with this is if others are idling up and down creek , moving alot and making noise, these fish stop jumping and biting!if you can anchor on the edge of the channel and cast without others turning motors on and off , the fish will start moving around and start biting. I think this is the first year that those pen reared fish (4-yr olds) are coming back and most of the fish weve been catching are large females 25-30lbs and are very healthy and loaded with eggs.If we had a nice 2 day rain in the past 2 weeks those fish would have run heavy but i think there sneeking up in groups at night and hunkering down in the holes throuout the creek.Those are my thoughts and info about the salmon run this year , i hope that helps your fishing experience!