cayuga 10-10

Launched at long point and started trolling near Aurora trolled south past long point hooked a few dinks. we cut across to sheldrake where we had steady action, but still all dinks. we got sick of the small fish pulled up and ran to t-falls where the temp was messed up. had to go down 120ft to get 52. we trolled north and didn't see much action untill we hit the scout camp. We did good there and made a few pases back through before calling it a day. All dinks all day. We did 1 laker(legal but small and released)3 rainbows and 11 salmon. Out of 15 fish we had one keeper landlock and that was it for the day. Where did all the big guys go?

Even through the quality of fish wasn't there we had a good time and great weather. But most importantly I learned something. When running a spinny/fly combo behind a dipsy, one sure fire way to catch more fish is to clip the spinny/fly to the dipsy before throwing it over the side :@:@ .

I think we've all done that or at least something similar to that at one point or another, and I'd say it a safe bet that none of us ever caught anything using that particular technique. At least it was a beautiful day.