Winchester SX3

makoshrk2

Yes I use one, I was the first in our hunting group to get one, now 4 others in our group have one, I also bought one for my wife. The all run great and shoot great, it patterns better with heavy loads better than any other gun I have tested.

Hands down the nicest shot gun on the market that I'm aware of, and yes I have shot the Besmellies (my buddy has one) and they are OK but jamb more often then the sx3. Funny story;

We were hunting snows in Missouri and this guy comes walking out to the field carrying 2 guns. I'm thinking thats curious so I ask, and he replies "I shoot a SBE2 and it jambs so much I bring a back up Mossberg" I laughed so hard I hurt, as my buddy drops his head and wishes the guy would just shut up! But I do think the guy was goofy, they are not that bad just not as good as the sx3.

Now I have shot with many guns and many are nice and OK, but this one has it all. It runs like a sports car, I have shot many 25 in trap with it during league shooting. I don't shoot just a little I'm normally pounding 2 to 3 cases of 3.5 super mags thought it every year, and then i shoot probably 4 to 8 cases of trap loads a year through it. It a great gun, others are OK, but this one is really nice, guys always like the gun they own, but then once and a while you come across one that really stands out and this is one that dose. It runs heavy goose loads and it also runs 1 oz trap loads fine.

It dose get dirty after about 300 rounds though so you do have to clean it once in a while... ;)

I bought one prior to last season; set up just for deer with the short rifeled barrell. It is a great gun, very fast-smooth action. I can get great groups out to around 175 yards- after I switched to a better scope. I put 100 slugs through it between sighting in 2 scopes, hunting last year, and just messing around. Never jammed, always accurate.

Cons- the deer slugger model is pretty heavy compared to the Super Balck Eagle or the rest in the same price range. My opinion- the best deer shotgun on the market.

I liked it so much, I tried to buy a used SX2 camo to use as a bird gun- but I could not get the guy down to my price range.