40 acre shoals-st.larry

Anyone hear of anything going on up there yet....i`m heading up on friday for a day or so.Running solo-1st time on the 40,have only been on the river 1x and my axel pooped out.Hopefully get into one.Hey nitro.....you up for a road trip??

Anyone have any info for black lake musky as well...if i get blown off the river i may shuttle over and search for some there.I know theres not many but i`ve heard of them caught.

sol

that is good news fatgrouper11.It was either gonna be the larry or chautauqua for the moon phase-(planned this early this year).I usually hit chautauqua but not this year for this trip/time.I`m a bit excited to finally hit the 40,got high hopes!!!I`m sure i`ll pass u a few times this weekend.Good luck to you guys as well.Cya on the water.

I was going to let sol respond but his computer's down...so here goes. but I'm sure he'll chime in once its back.

Well, we caught one less fish than you, FG :o:( WTG though!

Being our first time up, saturday morning was more about scoping out the water and checking out the different areas...structure, flats, channels. never found a lot of bait, but marked a few good hooks and once we zeroed in a promising area and set up our run, we had a couple rips in a very specific spot- one I thoguht for sure was going to put one in the boat, but inevitably they were gone before we knew it....and no they definitely weren't shoals, so must have just been tentative biters.

water was perfect saturday- just a very light chop. Bob went back out alone on Sunday to some rain and killer whitecaps. Seems the one rod rule tipped the odds even worse towards the fish, but sounds like he got a nice leisurely, but bumpy cruise out of the deal. :P

oh well, step one- learning the water- Done. Step two- catching fish- will happen next time then! :lol:

NM

Hey guys, any chance I could get some help for that area? I've never fished 40 acre and was Wondering where you guys stay (Canada or U.S. side) What options do I have for boat launches both sides of the border? Whats the quickest and easiest way to get a Canadian license? I'm hoping to head up Monday for a few days to give it a try. I did pick up a hot spots map, so if anyone cares to point me in the right area, and any other tips you would care to share, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance Bill

looks like nitro got ya set up,anything i can i help with let me know.Only been there that one time but learned alot about the water now just have to learn how to catch fish.Glad to have my computer back!!I may try for conesus this wknd not sure.The niagara is producing as well.

sol

Tried my luck for a couple days earlier this week.. no luck for me. Picked up a pike on a spoon around Blanket Island one morning, and marked a few fish off whiskey Island, but no takers. Met another guy staying at the same motel, he said its been slow for him the past week. He was marking a lot more baitfish around Carlton Island then anywhere else. Nitro, you were right about getting a good chip for the graph. Lots of shoals to run up on if you don't know your way around. Hopefully I can get up there again before the season ends.

Hey Guys , glad to hear you are taking the time to come and explore the Larry , my boat is out on the 40's just about everyday from now till close so if you happen to see the "Apex Predator" a 24' Wilker Tournament give me a holler and i will try to let you know what is going on , I did manage to land a 56" x 24" on Halloween to win the Gan Chapter of Muskies Canada outing , great bunch of guys and willing to help out ,

9ioIA.jpg

I read on another board that the locals average 86 hrs per legal muskie there, is that true? Anybody keep any logs to verify that? Thats wicked but the rewards are worth it. Also that Dr Casselman thinks 50% of the big girls died off in the big VHS kill a few yrs ago.

Bob, My big motor is still on again--off agian,doesn't always run right.I can't take a chance that it doesn't work right if the conditions went bad up on the 40 Acre Shoals. But I would be happy to split expenses with you if you go up in December with your boat.

Capt. Larry