RIP Captain Sam

I was sad to hear today that we have lost Capt. Sam Dattilo. Most of you know Capt. Sam, and know that he was about as great an individual as has ever fished this lake. Sam has meant so much to the fishery, and even more to those lucky enough to call him a friend. He will be greatly missed by all and the Port of Rochester won't be the same without him. I will remember Sam fondly and miss his camaraderie, his knowledge, and his friendship. RIP Sam.

Can't say ive ever met Sam ,but it sounds like he lived a good life and devoted much time to the care of others. A rare breed in the "New World" we live in.

May we all try to fill his shoes maybe not to the full extent of helping many with a large event but through our daily interactions with a needy family ,friend,or stranger.

So to Sams Family and friends maybe his little "mustard seed" will blossem to a magnificent plant spread throughout the fishing community and the rest of our land.

Ray K.

Yes, it is sad that we have lost a fine man. Many great memories with Sam from Ludington to Toronto and the Niagara Spring Chinook fishery! He was always a straight shooter and fished with the best in the tourney's too. He introduced me to the "Searays" and much more. He was responsible for naming my boat.....Jet Boat Bill............RIP Captain Sam............Respectfully,

............Jet Boat Bill

I worked for Sam for 7 years and knew him since the Mid 80's when he was at Pultneyville. He was a very generous and kind man. He will be greatly missed. The funeral times and dates are in the D&C today. I will see some of you guys there.