Yamaha T9.9 vs. T8 High Thrust

landingzone

Merc 9.9 is available with power tilt/trim & remote controls. Don't have any experience with that size engine on 24' boats. The 8 & 9.9hp engines are the same engine except a little different carb. Regardless of what your going to put it on I'd go with the 9.9 for the difference in money.

Dick, Yukon Joe put an 8hp high output yamaha on his 30' Sport Craft this past spring. He loves that little motor, it actually pushes it up & down the river at 5mph. He says it will keep his boat under power even in 4' to 5' waves . Trolling is super & fuel economy . It also is tied into his auto pilot and works great. I'll probably put one on my 265 next fall.

Randy

Dick, Yukon Installed an 8hp high output on his 30' Sport Craft. It pushes his boat up & down the river at 5mph. He says it trolls great & is super on fuel. I plan on installing one this fall on my 265. Check with Mike's Marina He also makes transom brackets for the boats.

Thanks Randy. I talked to Yukon and he has nothing but praise for the T8 Yamaha on his 30' Sportcraft. I think that is the way I'll go because it has power tilt and that will save about $800 on the power Panther bracket vs. going with the 9.9 which doesn't come with power tilt.