Please take precaution with your stuff in your boat

Now that this has hit my boat.

Some low life had helped themselves to my stuff on my boat. I am docked at Sutters in Irondequoit bay. Please do yourself a favor by taking out all of your gears from your boat before someone steals them from you. :(

I lost tackle boxes, good reels and big jon planer pole.

Another guy posted on CL offering reward and his boat was hit also in the same area.

I have to say I felt a bit fortunate because I took most of my salmon gear out of the boat earlier.

Think thats bad? I had a small doe stolen off my four wheeler that was in the back of my truck sitting in the local Wal-Mart parking lot yesterday! I mean I just went in to get a bag of dog food, came back out and the straps were dangling from the rear rack and the deer was gone! No one in that busy parking lot even stopped an obvious theft...Good god what is this country coming to?

Think thats bad? I had a small doe stolen off my four wheeler that was in the back of my truck sitting in the local Wal-Mart parking lot yesterday! I mean I just went in to get a bag of dog food, came back out and the straps were dangling from the rear rack and the deer was gone! No one in that busy parking lot even stopped an obvious theft...Good god what is this country coming to?

Sure it was really dead :lol:

Wow ,that must have really upset you.

I will check Craigs list and Ebay to see if any of that stuff shows up.

I do not know if it helps,but I have engraved "property of NYS" on most of my more valuable gear.At least it will be a bit harder for these bottom feeders to sell it to pawn shops.

I hear ya pike hunter. Was the last boat left at pt breeze marina. Went down there to clean it up and pull it out when i removed the towel covering the electronics. Someone got on the boat, lifted the towel and stole my graph. Wasnt the greatest one and i was gonna and have ordered a new one so its not that bad but still pisses me off. They did however left my fish hawk and sub moor and probes, all tackle boxes and all rods and reels in the rocket launcher.Everything was there to grab and all they took was the screen to the graph.Considering myself pretty lucky with a lesson learned.

Anthony,

I did not make it down to mine over the weekend, so I hope I did not get hit as well... did you report it to Joe or Jake? I clean everything off mine by the end of September every year for that very reason... nobody is left around and you just can't trust the low life scum in the area to not help themselves.... hope you get stuff back...

Sorry to hear about your losses back east, we have had the same thing happening out west here, except for the deer and salmon. Guys are having fish finders and down riggers taken off there boats, plus the tackle , rods & reels.

Maybe we should be more like the countries that cut off your hands when caught. Then insurance companies deprecate your items and it becomes hard to replace some of it. Again I am sorry for your losses.

Pike hunter sorry to hear about the bastards stealing your stuff.

I used to dock at Sutters I was lucky my canvas was a pain to get off but my neighbor not so lucky he was hit 5 times through the summer. They took his batteries twice anchor life jackets basically anthing not strapped down and a friend got hit twice to. We asked them to put gates up down there or something but it happens every year there unfortunetly.

I think a security gate would help some.

Update on my way ward doe. Morons actually took it with tag still in place, to a local cutter. Needless to say, I know about everyone or they know me, The cutter knew it wasn't me that dropped it off, got suspicious and called me. Lets just say the DEC and Sheriff had fun with this one.

I just am amazed at how stupid some of the population seems to be and they actually make it into adult hood. I've always heard that dumb stuff dies....?

Pike I feel your pain. I chased 3 guys off my property last week at 11:45 at night. They were backed up to my boat lining up to the hitch when I ran up shining the flashlight and they took off. Thank God for my little yapper dog giving me the heads up to someone in my yard. They were literally seconds from making off with my boat and equipment. Hopped in the truck and chased them for 3 or 4 miles until they got up over 90 without headlights.

Called the police and they informed me I would have been in trouble if they would've wrecked while I was in pursuit? What's wrong with this Country. A guy can't even protect his own property.

Called my insurance agent in the morning when I calmed down and started to add up tackle/electronics/gear etc. This stuff adds up quick. It sure sucks that us honest guys have to pay not only for our gear, but also for insurance against idiots like this.

Also pulled one of my trail cams that should be looking for deer to watch my boat.

Hopefully some of these THIEFS will get whats coming to them! Next time my dogs starts carrying on I think I'll leave the flashlight and grab a bat, I could've gotten a rear window or at least a fender. Would've made the description of the car a little easier.

I had all of my stuff stolen by kids in September as I had posted. I still have not heard anything from the police or the courts yet. I really think that when someone is in the process of stealing your stuff, it should be considered to be justifible homicide, or call it owner assisted suicide. that might work under the Obama care program..

The best thing happened to me at the mall last year. I just finnishe cleaning a mess of salmon and trout at hone. I wrapped up all of the guts in newspaper and put them in paper grocery bags and then in Walmart Plastic bags. Threw them in the back of the truck and had stopped at sears on my way to bury the remnents in my buddy garden. Whe I came out .... They were gone.......... HA HA .... Suprize!!!!

Salmanman

Reminds me of a true story.

2 old nuns in NYC had a stray dog they befriended die. They lived downtown and had no money to have him disposed of in the city so they put him in a suitcase and got on a subway to get to a train and take him to the "country house" for a proper burial. While approaching a stop a thief grabbed the suitcase and ran off.

Can you imagine the shock when he opened the suitcase stolen from two fully decked out nuns to find a dead dog? Probably not heading to any catholic confessional soon either....