Lake Ontario United Teams Up with BountyFishing

Today LakeOntarioUnited is proud to announce it has teamed up with the world's largest online fishing derby - BountyFishing.com.

1026763-d04.jpg

BountyFishing was founded in January 2007 to provide the world's largest online fishing tournament, giving anglers the opportunity to compete throughout the year against other anglers from across the continent.

The BountyFishing platform is web-based, but the fishing and the cash rewards are real. BountyFishing leverages technology that has made the internet and digital photography accessible to everyone. State-of-the-art digital imaging forensics, unique patent pending codes and technology for measuring fish will ensure the legitimacy of images supplied by contestants.

BountyFishing is a trusted resource for anglers as a leader in promoting responsible catch-and-release fishing techniques. BountyFishing aims to be the number one meeting place for the global fishing community.

Each week a new fishing tournament is held. Three species of fish are selected from the following list:

- Walleye

- Smallmouth Bass

- Largemouth Bass

- PanFish (black crappie, white crappie, yellow perch, bluegill)

- Musky/Pike

- Salmon (Chinook , Atlantic Coho)

- Trout (Lake Trout, brown trout, rainbow trout)

- CatFish/Carp (Channel Catfish, Common Carp)

- Stripped Bass

1026725-e05.jpg

To read more about our partnership and BountyFishing please see our full article writeup here.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Jerry - I just saw your post. When did they run it?? I just tried looking back under all trout tournaments and salmon tournaments and there are none listed for this year (most were from 2007 and 2008). I'm just curious if it was listed under something else. Nice job at #131! 8)