some for the happy hooker and other people

just some more from this week that i did for the happy hooker and some other people. the happy hooker sold out in 2 weeks and wants more so i did some perch variations, some dark baitfish, and some lemonheads. i had stan durst paint up a few and i have some foils i have been working on also for cpt larry's lure donation. i will post pics of those later as i am still working on them. the deep divers are cool. i can bounce bottom in 35 fow w/ them, they go deeper than any plug i have ever tried. anyways here are a few- blue perch, carp, shiner, red perch, yellow perch, chocolate perch, lemon head, dark baitfish, perch orange belly and perch white belly in no order. i have doubles and triples of all colors. i started adding glitter to the clear coats after solgrande said he liked it and so do i. i have a total of 4 coats of epoxy on each bait- 2 under the paint and 2 over the paint. each lure is also tuned after i had an issue earlier in the year. anyways enough of your time. take care and good fishin'..... zach baker

tFPtA.jpg

tG0Xi.jpg

off to waneta in about an hour to bounce bottom looking for a fish after i got this deer hunting thing out of the way until i go back to illinois bowhunting. i am leaving after fishing w/ cpt larry on 11/11/10 at the harbor so i have about a week and a half of fishing until its back up the tree. i guess i am a bowhunter first and a musky guy second- always been like that.

thanks muskybob- those deepdivers were all hitting the 31' hole at waneta last night. they are the deepest divers i have ever run or have seen. i know they will go even deeper if given a chance. they wobble great and open up new parts of the lake for me. it always seemed that all my baits would stop at 20-25' down and now i finally have another option to go deeper. i think they would be great for the 1000 islands, the north end basin of chautauqua and other places that the fish tend to live deep. i fished from 1-6pm and zippo! couldn't believe i didn't get once since all the fish were glued to the bottom last night and i was banging bottom the whole time out. bty these things are good bottom diggers and i was able to walk the bait over the whole bottom on waneta w/o one hang up holding the rod in my hand. its like a perchbait that dives deeper and the straight type has 2x the action of the jointed model. i will be making lots more of this bigger style since i think they are really neat that they not only have good action but dig like no tomarrow. at the last tourney at chaut- i got snagged up in 38'fow and couldn't believe i got my bait that deep w/o leadcore or any extra weight. i am looking at making both styles in a soft-tailed version for even more action. the smaller plugs i do work well w/ a rubber tail but i have yet to try it on the bigger super deep divers. these bigger baits amazed me on how well they ran at low and high speeds. from bumping bottom at 2.5mph to high speeds they were all very stable and balanced. no compaliants and the smaller 5.5" lures all ran perfect and they are the best runners yet of that smaller style. sorry to always post pics and stuff like that on here but i have been selling them as quickly as i have been making them and thanks everyone for that! here is what stan durst did for us. 2 wood magic makers and 2 of mine in cpt. larry's colors. these will be auctioned off with the $ going to the musky hatchery.

D50a9.jpg

nitro was down on waneta today and had my deep divers crunching bottom in 30 feet of water w/ only 110' of line out running 2.5mph making these the deepest divers any of us have ever seen. to get a legend perch bait that deep you need like 225' of leadcore and a slow speed. deep baby deep! making more tonight!

thanks very much, all 47 baits are sold and it's time to make more! thanks guys! i know most you you guys are sick and tired of me putting up baits but i never ever expected this response. it seems as of right now i have more work than time to make baits. i was shocked yesterday when i pulled up muskiefirst.com like i do every morning and the president of a chapter of muskies inc in wisconsin was asking for contact info on Baker Musky Lures in the tackle section of the website and how he can get some. someone he knows has been caching fish in ohio on them and he asked for some baits to run out in his neck of the woods. how does a guy in wisconsin even know my name i was thinking since i really just started this year? he ordered 8 (all foils) and said that he will show them off to his buddies that he fishes w/ if he is happy w/ them. i have sold baits in kentucky, ohio, pa, ny, virginia, w. virginia, ontario and quebec but this is my first order from wisconsin! i hope those guys like my plugs b/c there are alot of musky guys up there. anyways, thanks for letting me post pics and i really hope this keeps going! its almost a dream come true! i feel like i owe a 100 thank you's to so many people it isn't even funny. i am one thankful paint squirter!