Tie-able fishing wire?

Was wondering if anyone here has used the Cortland toothy critter tie-able leader material or the American Fishing wire surfstrand micro tie-able stuff? Im wondering what knots would work and how it holds up. This is a more stealthy option if it works ok especially for swimbaits, jigs, anything that might get bit off. I cant tell you how many Jig/pigs I lost to pike bite offs while Bass fishing. In-fish. recommends them for walleye swimbaits but they dont mention what knots to use (or I havent found it). Anyone use the stuff?

i used to use the stuff for pike fly fishing and you need to use the figure 8 knot. any other knot will result in a twirly (spiraling) section in front of your knot. american fishing wire has stuff similar. the lighter weights is mostly what i have used. haven't used it in some time though and it works but you have to change out leaders somewhat often as its not the most durable stuff on the market. good luck.

I tried it out as well and abandoned it for the reasons you mention Bob. I rather go to a medium gauge of fluoro. Something in the 30-40 range but I often settle for 20 to err on the side of stealth over protection and keep it tied inline on my light duty gear most of the time...that tyger wire doesn't seem all that stealthy to me and if you don't get hit, break offs don't matter

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Theres no way Id use it for skis but I got some surfstrand micro for swimbaits (Walleyes) and I was thinking of trying it for jig/pig bite offs. I dont think the stealth thing matters for skis. They seem to hit wire leaders just fine but others will problably disagree. I always felt if they want it and are eating, wire leaders wont matter. Using 60 lb flouro is a good option too but the knots are tough to tie with that thickness.