Testing the FOB camera on my bow

skipper19

Ok this is a raw video unretouched testing the Key FOB camera on my PSE INFERNO. Bow is set at 70 lbs. ...31 inch draw...shooting a mix of Beman and Easton carbon 400 shafts and 85 grain target points. Range is 30 yards to the target. Microphone is super sensitive...bow sounds like a gun going off.

The camera is mounted on top of the bow stabilizer and it has a fair amount of vibration from the recoil, but I think it will get the good part of the shot at the real thing. Next I will try laser nock to see if we can track the arrow flight a little better......oppps time to go for the real thing!!!! ...Gone hunting

Mark

Oh and now I see that the time/date stamp is messed up again......looks like land of the midnite sun in Lyntucky :o

This was recorded today 11/6 at around noon.

how easy is it to start when it mounted on the bow and ready to draw back to shoot that big monster

Ummm, well if the monster walks up and causes nerve jangle (n..nnnn..nnot mm..meeeee) :shake: , you might forget to even turn it on, but it only takes about 3 to 4 seconds of pressure on the ON button to get the little light to come on. then you need to press the record button and hold it 3 seconds until it flashes quickly several times and now it is recording. It will record for 1 hour on a charge and a 4 gig micro SD card. It also will take a still image if the button is pressed and released before 2 seconds or so. It wouldn't be a big deal if you turned it on as you see a buck coming and if you didn't get the shot just turn it off and there is plenty of record room left on the card.

PS oh and don't forget to take the sd card out of the computer after viewing videos and put it back in the micro camera....I just did that this afternoon...but no big monster showed up..lucky for him :lol:

Mark

Almost this morn..buck walked behind me and kept moving in the brush, not in my shooting lanes but in range. Then 7 does came into my shooting lanes from behind and I was waiting to see the monster stepping close behind but no such thing. camera was running and next so were the deer :o ...they must have went for army training to come in in wide flanking recon somewhere. As I was picking the best "big doe" shot ....one came from directly behind me and spotted my movement. :@ ....too many eyes. Hope for this afternoon or tomorrow morn, after that it's back to the 6X8 box down the road again ;( .

Mark

how easy is it to start when it mounted on the bow and ready to draw back to shoot that big monster

lol!! happened to me yesterday. biggest buck of my life was walking in and i did not get the camera on. To busy worring my heart was going to pop out of my chest! long story short... i did not get a shot.

I actually considered that Shadster, I wasn't sure of the field of view and where exactly to mount the camera on my hat that wouldn't be cockeyed or looking another direction and miss the subject. I think I will experiment with that at some point. Anywhere on the bow will be very jerky at best.

Mark

i mounted mine on my quiver and its not that bad

I considered that as well ... now I'm back out on the road and missing the rest of the bow season. I guess I will have to rely on you guys for testing hats and quiver and otherwise mounts. Wish I was able to at least do the laser nocks..Mark

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

• 1 month later...

I took a deer this past season and captured it with the FOB camera. I had it mounted on the stabilizer and in close it worked good. It was hard to see the deer as it came in but within 60 yards it was easier. I followed the deer for 5 minutes and took a 20 yard shot. after the shoot i tried to follow the deer with the bow but i was jerky and lost the deer on camera. I would def. say mounted to your hat brim would be better. will try that next year. for 20 bucks still pretty cool to watch