Terrible waterfowl season

Every one that I know that hunts ducks including myself says the duck hunting is terrible this year. Last year opening day I saw a couple thousand probably, this yaer maybe a couple dozen opening day. Every day continues to get worse with less and less duck sightings. I hunt in central ny and so do my friends. Is anyone having the same problem? Not sure whats going on this year. Yesterday afternoon I saw only one duck!!!!!

Blue....My season has been pretty good so far. The last few times out, We have had pretty good shoots. I don't get serious till the divers and sea ducks show up. Been seeing big flocks of widgeon and pintails. The most of the wood ducks have moved on and I'm sure the greenwings are on their way....good luck the rest of the season.....

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Been out 4 or 5 times and had go shoots on every trip. Even had the joy of hunting exclusive club just north of Montezuma and shot a 3 man limit of Blacks, Mallards and Pintails. Now it's time to put some fresh back straps in the freezer.

Steve

Blue my has not been the best for the puddle ducks but the divers and seaducks are in i live in fulton and have had to drive a half hour or so to get some shooting but the last 4-5 times we've been out we've limited out even shot a 5 man limit sunday and one bonus brant...try scouting some new areas on bad years that has been my ticket on years the birds dont seem to come.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Yeah I would love to find some other swamps to hunt but I am not sure where to start. I have been hunting a local swamp in scriba that just is not producing at all this year. It really sucks because I just got a yellow lab puppy and want to use him for next years hunting but I need a place that actually has ducks to train him well. I guess I have a lot of work to do for next year. Any one know of any good duck swamps around this area or not too far away?

Lund SSS that exclusive club north of Montezuma isn't Savannah is it?

Bluewater, I am with you, haven't seen too much since the 23rd. I am seeing some bufflehead and other divers show up in town right where I can't shoot them.

Mr. Congel couldn't shoot this club even if he wanted to :lol::lol::lol: $$$$$ buys anything right. It's is between Savannah DHU and Montezuma. It takes that many $ (50K) to get on the waiting list and theirs a very limited membership. Already 4 or 5 waiting and until some one dies their not bringing any one new in.http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p ... G?download