Very Sad News - Duane Jones (Heaven Bound) Died Unexpectedly

Many LOU and LOTSA members will know Duane Jones. His boat was called Heaven Bound. I just learned of his death. He was a wonderful friend and I will miss him terribly. :(:(:(

For those interested, you can send online condolences to his family (and read his obituary) by visiting http://www.gardinierfuneralhome.com

Wow ;(;(;( ......great guy. If people don't know the story behind "heaven bound" will make this news even tougher to take. Duane's buddy retired some years back and decided to plunk down some cash and buy a dream boat Penn Yan. Duane's buddy unfortunately was soon diagnosed with cancer (I think), and decided his buddy Duane would get his boat......free. Duane named the boat Heaven Bound for obvious reasons. Rest in peace Duane. Hopefully you are up there talking fishing stories with your fishing partner.

Duane was the first guy I met in person from this forum. He was just an outstanding individual who gave a lot to others. I'm sitting here stunned and thinking to myself "life is so damm fragile"...

We lost another gread advocat for our Fishery in Duane. He was a very religious individual who's passion was fishing Lake Ontario. I met him at the Oak 20 years ago and we've fished together with our families at the Oak every year since except for this year when he was so ill. He was always the first one of our group out in the morning and many times came off the lake in the dark. He was among the best rec anglers on the lake. He always seemed to know where the fish would be and the hot setup to get them going. He openly shared that information with everyone that he could including Charters and Recs to make sure we all had a good day. Duane would always have a boat load of family and friends who would go out with him. He took great joy in getting individuals their first LO King especially the Kids with the hope that they would come back to the Oak and be hooked for life on the Fishery as he was. If he had a hot spoon and you didn't have one, you would find one in your boat the next morning compliments of Duane. I've seen him talk to guys at the dock that had a slow day and he would actually give them the baits off his rods along with his cell phone number so that they would be sure to catch fish the next day. He made significant $$ donations to our LOTSA Pen Rearing project at Olcott (annonymous of course) because he wanted to make sure our Fishery remained strong. He was just an overall "good guy" who always put others first, lived his life the right way and was a role model for many of us. He left us all way too soon, with many good memories and will be greatly missed.

Joe Yaeger

I am shocked ;(;(;( . I have nothing but the highest praise to give to him. Super generous, a class act, so willing to give, to share, to help. Thank you Duane, for all the generosity you showed me. You will be greatly missed!!

Duane racing in ahead of a storm

h1ZoS.jpg

Duane putting the pressure on a staging king

h20U0.jpg

I never met Daune, but like many others, I had pms, or emails or posts

that included him. Always very sad to hear of one of our "guys" passing.

My sincere condolences to Duane's family.

John

I am so sorry to hear of Duanes passing. I never met him in person , but had the pleasure of many IM 's . A couple of years ago when cut bait was hard to come by on the Eastern Shore of LO , Duane sent me a dozen packs of Fish On salted cut bait and never asked for or would take a cent in payment. This man was a class act and I am truly sorry I never got to meet him in person. My sincerest condolences go out to his family . RIP ,Duane.