Very Sad News - Duane Jones (Heaven Bound) Died Unexpectedly

Thanks to everyone with those kind words for my uncle. My name is Dale Jones, Duanes nephew. I have never been to this web site befor but it wont be my last. I have fished since I was 10 years old now 35 ,I missed a few years in between there for competitive archery. I recently started coming fishing again with Duane and remembered my passion could be close to his for Lake Ontario. That trip that he talked my wife to come up was his last trip be for he became ill.It started us all to love Oak Orchard and Lake Side Beach State Park,we got the camper and the works .Duane dear friend Chris who has fished with him for years and I are going to keep the boat fishing and introduce others to ths great fishery we could never be the fisherman he was but we'll give it a go.If you see us in Heavenound but we dont know you please give a wave and let us know who you are. It wont be the same ever again but its what he wound want.Thanks again for the kind words and good fishing to all.

Thanks to everyone with those kind words for my uncle. My name is Dale Jones, Duanes nephew. I have never been to this web site befor but it wont be my last. I have fished since I was 10 years old now 35 ,I missed a few years in between there for competitive archery. I recently started coming fishing again with Duane and remembered my passion could be close to his for Lake Ontario. That trip that he talked my wife to come up was his last trip be for he became ill.It started us all to love Oak Orchard and Lake Side Beach State Park,we got the camper and the works .Duane dear friend Chris who has fished with him for years and I are going to keep the boat fishing and introduce others to ths great fishery we could never be the fisherman he was but we'll give it a go.If you see us in Heavenound but we dont know you please give a wave and let us know who you are. It wont be the same ever again but its what he wound want.Thanks again for the kind words and good fishing to all.

Welcome to the site Dale. I'm sure Duane is proud that you're taking up the slack. ;) He's going to be dearly missed, but it's going to be nice to see HeavenBound sailing on. Great to have you on the site. :yes:

Wow, what a shame. I never met him, but have heard his boat's name mentioned many times. I believe he and I chimed-in on many discussions here on LOU, as well. The story behind the name of the boat makes it that much more difficult to deal with. Rest in peace, Duane. My thoughts and prayers to his family and all his friends.

• 4 weeks later...

Very sad.Just to let you know what a good person is. My two sons and I come to the Point once a year.My son Troy(raider44 on this site) meet Duane on this site.Never meeting us in person let us use his wire and copper rigs. He left them at Captins Cove. When we got their to pick them up,he had bought us some spoons spin doc and flys.They shared phone numbers. Duane was in contacted with us shareing his knowledge with us.The only thing he wanted in return was for us to have a good time.We cought a lot of fish and had a great time.We never got to meet Duane. Truley a very good person Thanks Mike Justin and Troy