One bad azz critter

I only look forward to watching two shows on TV a week, Two and a Half Men and PBS Nature on Sunday night. Last night PBS was about wolverines but since I spent two days in the treestand, the first thing I did when I sat on the couch in the warmth was fall asleep so I took an hour and watched it again today at work.. :) They usually have good shows, wolves of Yellowstone, bears, and so on but I think this was pretty cool because it's an animal you never hear about in the lower 48.

Here's the link and the full episode is about 50 minutes.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/wolverine-chasing-the-phantom/full-episode/6078/

Cool.

There is another bad azz critter worth mentioning, this one local.

I recently heard through the grapevine of a Livingston county bowhunter who upon approaching his tree stand found it to be occupied by a black bear. The bear was actually sitting in the seat in his tree stand.

I think that demonstrates a certain amount of attitude on the part of the bear !

Thanks for the heads up, PBS blocks us canucks from viewing the show from their website.

I was able to find it locally and watched it last night...what a great show with some excellent footage. I have a much greater appreciation and understanding for this elusive critter now after watching. I really like the attitude of these beasts...kind of makes me want to be all wolverine like :)

I love nature shows :lol:

Thanks for the heads up, PBS blocks us canucks from viewing the show from their website.

I was able to find it locally and watched it last night...what a great show with some excellent footage. I have a much greater appreciation and understanding for this elusive critter now after watching. I really like the attitude of these beasts...kind of makes me want to be all wolverine like :)

I love nature shows :lol:

Just out of curiousity- why is PBS blocking Canadian viewers?

The website says 'Due to Rights Restrictions' fishbear.

Basically what that tells me is that PBS is probably available on cable or satellite tv here, so they are forced to remove other means of distribution (e.g. their website) because the Canadian T.V. providers are paying broadcast rights to PBS.

I would wage that any U.S. television network would block Canadian visitors from viewing full episodes online for free.

Worse yet, is I tried to purchase the NHL Center Ice package to follow my local teams games online (no television at home) and they are all blacked out because of broadcast rights. The Cable and Satellite television providers want to funnel people into subscribing, rather than obtaining their content from other means of distribution, such as the Internet.

They can see the writing on the wall, with companies like Netflix popping up, so they counter that by implementing bandwidth usage caps, you can only download so much before you have to pay for overages.

Organized Crime indeed... :o

While backpack hunting in the Cabinet Mountains last year, one night I heard a critter come close to my tent, and figured it was a bear........ but in the morning, tracks told another story....... Wolverine! I've been visiting that area for almost 20 years now....... and this is the 1st set of Wolverine tracks I've ever crossed..... very interesting critter indeed.....

Cool.

There is another bad azz critter worth mentioning, this one local.

I recently heard through the grapevine of a Livingston county bowhunter who upon approaching his tree stand found it to be occupied by a black bear. The bear was actually sitting in the seat in his tree stand.

I think that demonstrates a certain amount of attitude on the part of the bear !

com_android.jpg

This was in Chaffee NY near the Waste Management landfill, Erie county.