Very quick New York State fishing regulations question...

tonyb

In reviewing the NYSDEC website I stumbled upon a fishign regulation that I was surprised to read.

I read this in the regulations, but can't believe it! so I just wanted to confirm that this is correct:

"An angler may operate no more than two lines with or without a rod"

I know in Ontario, Canada we can only run 2 lines when in a boat on the Great Lakes or ice fishing...but that reads to me like 2 rods could be used in any method of fishing in New York State.

Thanks guys! I'm already trying to figure out how to cast a spinner and drift a float at the same time :rofl:

Tony

Thanks for the confirmation Ken, we're on the same page...I wanted to be certain as it seemed to good to be true!

For once, this is some good news! :yes:

I'm thinking of fishing Olcott Pier for trout...casting lures with 1 rod, and another rod fished on bottom with a worm or eggs. Should be effective...passive and active methods for trying to catch one of those feisty, white-mouthed beauties :clap:

I fish the pessive/agressive method at t-falls using one slip bobber an throwing bucktails with the other rod. Lately I've only caught on the jig. 17 trips $20 in bait and the only 4 hits I've had have been from loons, but I'll keep throwing the bait cause I know it works, and so I still feel like I'm fishing when it's time to drink a :beer: . On a side note I've been doing well with the jig on all target species ll, lt, bt, including a 27" 7.5# male ll in full spawning colors, with a huge kipe. If I can get the pics off my phone I'll post. He was a real beauty.