new remington loads

Let me start this by saying before yesterday, I would never put a rem. steel in my gun I typically shoot kents good load great price by the flat but i ran out so I run to the store and buy the cheapest thing they have, remington sportsman steel, let me tell ya this stuff is junk, if the birds is more than 20 yards forget about it :no: no energy what so ever i could see it hit the bird turn it slightly and watch it fly away. Now im no tom napp but i can put the smack down. Convinced it's the ammo i throw two boxes right in the trash and back to the store i go looking for 3" #4 they have nothing except remington HYPERSONIC steel. so i buy one box to get me thru today This stuff is AMAZING, I have never seen so much blood duck hunting. It absolutly destroys birds 6 yesterday 6 today looked like a pillow fight almost every time i pulled the trigger :beer: i shot a little behind a merganser this mourning 1 pellet hit, broke its wing in half and still went thru its skin all the way to its breast bone. at 40yds If you dont mind spending 20 bucks a box i would recomend this load over blackcloud, Snowgoose or any other high price shell. I'm not kidding this stuff hits like lead :yes::yes:

I've had good luck with Winchester Drylock 3" 1 1/4 oz. I have started going with more shot as opposed to faster velocity as I helped with a CONSEP training a few years ago. It was put on by Tom Roster and its Cooperative shooting education program that teaches people how to use steel shot effectively. They showed that more shot had a better effect on shooting. It was a full day in the field of shooting steel shot, range estimates, and patterning.

I did try a couple of boxes of black cloud, they seem pretty good but need to do more field testing. Kents are my back up if I cannot get drylocks.

I shoot black cloud and really like it. A guy that went goose hunting with us this morning shot the remingtons. Every goose he shot fell stone cold dead. All shots were close though(15yds). I'll agree with the original post, when he shot feathers were floating. I'm going to have to try them now. Just hate to change what's working, plus I've spent the money on the choke tube for black cloud already.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Fellas....on a wim, I tried the hypersonics yesterday. I was impressed to say the least. They destroyed the birds. Stoned a mallard at 40. I even shot the head off a Drake pintail at 20 yards. The real Test will be whistlers after I do a little bambi bustin.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

i definatly was not kidding, i wish i could get some rebates or coupons tho. have you read how the load works yet?

Patented Xeleratorâ„¢ Wad

2 Stage System

New HOTTER primer ignites small powder charge in chamber, moving entire payload forward slightly to control pressure.

sounds weird to me but it works, I think of a muzzleloader where a standard win, cci primer moves the load slightly before ignitoin can devistate accuracy

glad to hear you guys are doing good with them

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I have always liked the sportsman steel and have been equally impressed with the hypersonic steel. My first impression with it however was not good ... slammed a mallard at 50 yards and it put it right down only to have it get right back up. Second shot pasted it again and it still kept goin'. Both shots low to the water and the shot spread was right on with both shots.

Since that instance the ducks I've shot with it have been DRT .. "dead right there!"

I have shot a lot of blackcloud and I am not overly impressed. It works well for me but I dont think it is any better than dryloks or even better kents. I will be trying out the Rem. Hypersonics though for the late season. Best thing I have found is LEAD! They frown on that though. Talk about a B.S. law if I ever heard one.

Heres a rant: Why do they ask for hunter imput on waterfowl seasons??? Western Zone late season is from Dec. 26 until Jan. 13th ( I think without looking). Last year the late season closed just when things were getting good.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you guys recommend a good 2 3/4 load? I know, I know....Its for my wife using my 1100, and unfortunately they only accept 2 3/4. I'm using the 870 3 1/2 super mag as clean up though, so anything she hits and doesn't go down will "eat it" before its gone.