Good FRS/GMRS Radio?

landingzone

I'm looking for recently bought radios that are proving to work well. For many years we have been using old Motorola Talkabout 250 FRS radios and they worked very well. Finally, one failed and we have been trying to find a replacement. Two different new FRS/GMRS units have been tried in our group with very marginal or erratic performance. Anyone have a suggestion on a good one?

Dick

I have had good luck with my Cobra MR HH425Li. This is a VHF/GMRS radio. It will transmit GMRS at 5 watts if you want and knocks the socks off the Motorolas, Midlands, and Cobra FRS/GMRS talkabout style radios that the guys I coyote hunt with have. It's not cheap at about twice the cost of a "top of the line" pair of the other radios but I think it's worth it. It is also a backup on the boat in the summer.

https://cobra.com/detail/mr-hh425li-vp-combination-vhf-gmrs-with-rewind-say-again.cfm

Dick Stop over to my house tomorrow... I think I have what you are looking for... I have 2 Motorola T5500... Im not sure how many channels they have but you are more than welcome to try using these with the radios you are currently using now.. I have had good success blending these radios with other FRS radios...... Dale

• 2 years later...