Four "Ice Free" Winter Slips available at Ithaca Yacht Club

I am an avid lake fisherman and a member of the Ithaca Yacht Club. For the first time ever, the Club has opened its "ice free" marina for winter usage on a trial basis for a maximum of eight boats. Four slips already have been taken. This is a "gated" marina and the slips are 25'. If you have interest, e-mail me. The price is $648, which includes NY sales tax, for November 1-April 15. I'll e-mail applications and policy sheets to interested parties. The Club's Board decided not to allow charter boats this first year, only individual fishers. The marina is located approximately 10 minutes north of Ithaca on Cayuga's west shore, well located for winter fishing in the south end.

• 1 month later...

Although it hasn’t happened in recent years, there have been several documented times of the lake surface completely freezing, normally for only a very few days at a time. To begin to talk about some of these instances, The Ovid Bee reported that in 1856 “from Kidders Ferry to Ogden (King Ferry) teams crossed the lake on the ice which had never been heard of before. People walked over and back. The proprietors of the ferry at Kidders Ferry have fitted out small iceboat.â€

yup it can happen why once 160 yrs ago it did for several days AND A FEW MORE TIMES SENCE FOR A FEW DAYS...I think i'd feel a little safe with that record :lol::lol::lol::lol: , specially with all the global warming watches Al's got us under I think it might be safe ,bUT HEY IM JUSTA PLUMMER.