I have the Tr-1 gold on my 9.9 Honda kicker and love it! It's very reliable. I never used the reverse mode so I can't answer that question. The only thing I recommend if you do get the Tr-1 is take a couple hours and familiarize yourself with it on the water and learn what all the buttons on the remote do. Here's a couple videos on the Tr-1 gold.

Brian

I just had a TR-1 installed on my ride as well. I can now say I don't know how I fished with out it. I have never tried the reverse feature though. I do find my self using the step turn feature alot. The step turn feature can be the only way to go if the wind really picks up. Just using the remote to stear then if you need to get busy hit one button and it goes to auto pilot. Are any of you guys running the cordless remote? I heard they were OK at best. One of my friends that has run a TR-1 forever did recommend that i have a spare corded remote on the boat at all times. He says they do go out every now and then and you don't want to be dead in the water especially not a tourney day. Nick

I will be running the cordless next year. The way mine is put in it is either trip over the cord or leave the control lay on the dog house which is fine until somebody sits on it and we go all crazy ivan........bad deal!

I will be leaving the corded unit in the boat though.