baker bait review

i bought three of zach baker's baits at an auction last week. paid on monday,delivered on tuesday,nice service. took 'em to waneta thursday to get 'em wet. just the king and i were out. the baits all ran as advertised. some serious quality here. over the years i have bought some highly respected baits that turned out to be crap,but zach's stuff is all good. i REALLY like the deep diver,i was able to hit bottom anywhere in the lake at will with it. about noon i caught a low 30"er on it,trolling. i got tommorrow off to try chataqua on the full moon but it aint gonna happen. i had a horrible accident with a router today and i won't be fishing anymore this year. 22 stitches and i have never gushed blood like that before.arrrrrgh!

How big of chunk is missing from your finger? I got myself on the band saw the other day but yours sounds worse than my super glue closed wound. 22 stitches is a big deal to me. When I saw the Baker Bait review I got nervous and almost didn't want to open it as I do try to make a decent plug. I am so happy you like those and I do try my best to make them as tough as possible by putting 5 coats of epoxy on those deep divers. There are 2 coats under the paint and 3 over the paint. Nothing worse to me than paying good $$ for a musky plug and having it fall apart of to have the finish come off like on those chrome depthraiders. I have been toying w/ ways to make chrome finishes and think that over the winter I should have something comparable but way more durable. I bet there is over a 1/2 oz of epoxy on those deep divers. Thanks for giving them a shot and those deep divers did impress me also when I first took them out by hitting bottom in the deep hole in waneta. Doesn't sound like a monster fish but hey they can't always be. Thanks for the compliment and if you have any issues in the future with them I am only an email away. I try to stand behind my stuff as much as I can! Was it the foiled one or the Secret color one? Just wondering? Thanks for the plug on the plugs old man!

Oldman, I'm glad you did not loose fingers or a hand,but I can feel the throbing of 22 stitches! I hope you heal up fast,May northerns & tigers are not that may days away.I think Zach's lures are higher quality then most out there,I'm very happy with the ones I have in my tackle box as well.

Capt. Larry