The kings are definitely back off Oswego. We went 11 for 15 on Saturday and 5 for 5 on Sunday morning. Couldn't get a spoon to move all weekend, so we used Oki Kingfishers w/cutbait on the riggers and flasher flies on the dipsey's. Anywhere from 120' to 200' of water from 80' to 125' down. I placed my first fish on the leader board this weekend after trying for the past 10 years. It was in 5th place when I weighed it but has already dropped to 8th. I don't think it will last to the end but it is nice to be there after so long.Fishing017.jpg

Fishing020.jpg

Fishing015.jpg

The biggest fish came on the cut bait (Atomik 3-Fly rigs for heads) but I think think we were pretty close between the two. I had problems with the wire for a little while (1 fish broke the wire we lost everything, 2nd fish hit while we were putting it out and bird nested the reel only lost the spinnie & fly on that one).

Fish Magnet,

Thanks for the reply. We were going to head up Saturday but the wind reports changed our mind. Predicted NW 10-20 and with a 19-20' boat we didn't want to chance it. How was the water actually on Saturday?? I heard Sunday it was like glass.

Clarke

It was pretty nasty on Saturday, we spent the first hour in the Harbor deciding what to do. Then we started to troll right from the Harbor out to the northeast so we could angle the waves. It white capped for most of the day but the wind did switch around and knock the waves down a little. At worst it was probably 3-5 footers, by the end of the day it was down to 1-3. I have a 22' SeaNymph GLS which is aluminum so its not like I had a great ride all day but the fishing was worth it. Sunday the lake did turn to glass about 10:00 and we didn't even have a release after that. We were off the lake by 12:00.

Burt