Nov 22 2010 - 8 pointer

dubblec

Luckily in the 'Right Spot Right Time' today for me. Heavy south winds made for my partner's north and nw stand placements ideal for the conditions. Few does spotted early in the am. Then around 9am my partner spots this big boy's antlers moving though the brush 100 yds away heading in my direction. Luckily he stayed south of me, and then turn towards the stand I was in about 40 yards away. He slowly closed the distance and at 10 yards gave me a great opportunity to take my personal best.

PB220413.jpg

PB220417.jpg

2 more yards and ya could of knifed him but the thunderstick did just fine.. some nice 2.5 plus yr olds shot this year.. Dont know if thats the norm and we dont see as many pics without this site, but some nice NY bucks being taken....pretty cool to watch em come that close..Ive noticed all bow season 930 to 1100 am have been some good movement times,,,,,, nice going..

Thanks gentlemen for the support.

WOW, Very nice. & great clean kill shot. Did he run far or just crash?

Jerry

'RR' Jerry "Classic Mule Kick" when I hit the deer. He even ran about 40 yards after being shot thru vitals and even piercing the heart.

Ray - Always nice to get them in that close to where I can even hit them. :lol: I too have noticed lots of bigger buck activity later in the am in that 9-11 window.

We are so spoiled here in upstate NY with all the great fishing and hunting opportunities.

Good luck to all with the rest of your season!