rochester hot dog and sausage makers

salmonite

I've been going a couple years to cavers over near clyde. Slim jims with jalepeno peppers and pepper jack cheese were real good. They also do bacon and that was also good .If anyone is intersted I could look up the number.They also do hot dogs.Gary

Be careful how much meat you bring to Pro Cuts I heard about the bacon and had to try it, I had fresh D-boned meat so I stopped in and threw it on the counter and said I hear the bacons good! The lady went in the back and came out with a few pieces to try it was good next thing you know my meat weigh up 20lb so I put 10 into bacon and 5/5 into smoked sausages sounds good right I figured 100 bucks or so I about passed out when she gave me the total $280 I was in shock i didn’t say anything but I got back in my truck and looked at the receipt on the way out wow $7 a pound finish weight they double the weight with the pork ouch so looks like everyone I know is getting bacon and sausage for Christmas! My fault I should have did the figuring in my head on the way but that’s pretty expensive considering you can buy the top of the line bacon a wegmans for the same price but looks like they had plenty of business so maybe I’m wrong>

I have been dealing with http://www.wilsonbeeffarms.com/index_files/Page7355.htm they are top notch and I highly recommend the cheese and jalapeño hot dogs I have done business with them for over 6 yrs, don’t be scared of the guy with the hook arm in the video he’s cool! They only take clean boneless meat NO HAIR

COSTANZAS MAKES TOP NOTCH PRODUCT, MAY PAY A BIT MORE BUT WELL WORTH THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

anybody have a price list for their stuff this year. i believe last time i knew it was 9.99 a lb for slim sticks and 4 for hotdogs. also can't remember do you pay for finshed product with them or the amount of venison you drop off?

Scott,

I was just there tonight and dropped off 35# of venison. You pay for the FINISHED product not what you drop off. Take a look at his online link and he'll tell you the minimum weights you need to bring in to make each product:

http://www.costanzasausage.com/home.htm

Slims: Cheddar slims - $10.09/lb, insanity $10.09/lb, mild, hot $9/lb (3 lbs. venison yields 3.4 lbs. of sticks)

Hot dogs range from $2.89/lb. to $3.78/lb. depending on if you want them vacuum sealed (usually 8-10 per package) (3 lbs. of venison yields 7.5 lbs. of dogs)

Put it this way - make sure you bring cash (no checks or charge)......I spent 400 bones last year and my wife wanted my A$$....

Tony makes some great stuff though (make sure you try his maple breakfast sausage too - it's great stuff)

Later bud,

- Chris

I go to Costanza every year with no complaints

I had 10 pounds of mild slim jims made last year and I'm a little pissed off, there's ALOT bone in them !!!!! Almost every one I've eaten has a piece of bone in it. Love the taste of Tony's stuff but this is really tough on the teeth and doesn't go over real well when you offer it up in the Duck blind and you hear a loud CRUNCH from the guy next to you

Guys the best way to to insure getting back a good batch is to find out how much meat is used in a batch and and take enough to make a full batch. I've seem some pretty sorry looking meat come in and I wouldn't want mine mixed in with it.I had mine done at Ive's Market Rt.176 East Fulton NY. He does 50lbs batches and his prices arn't bad. There's a lot of hands on work to Jims and dogs. They can't work for nothing. :( .

• 10 months later...

Falconer's? Might get a chance to try them out this season if I get lucky; have a farm in Wyoming to hunt this year. Costanza's makes a great summer sausage but is the most expensive; I don't much like their sticks either. Wilson came highly recommended last year by some guys I met hunting Keeney Swamp but then I never saw a deer..