Conesus 11/22

First off hello all im new here but ive been fishing conesus on and off until recently i decided to start taking advantage of my aunts camp out there and its healthy population of northerns and tigers. Im addicted to these fish and theyre all i really have any interest in going out after, even when im forced to fish canandaigua all ill do is try and catch the biggest pickerel i can.

Went out on conesus this past monday amidst the downpour and wind only to get skunked but i still enjoyed it. I thought the northerns were really suppose to turn on come late fall especially with slow presentations? I was casting 1.5 oz spinnerbaits with a nice slow retrieve and ripping suicks with a nice loooong pause in between in about 15-6 fow with not even a follow. ill try and keep going even until first ice out on the water. I didnt get any this time but managed to catch and release this beautiful fish 2 weeks prior on a big Northland Tackle 1.5 oz spinnerbait:

149679_818175632468_15703469_43683347_303976_n.jpg

Anyone else been trying conesus or is everyone too busy with deer season just opening?

hey nice fish! I had heard/read the same thing about the pike turning on the fall, but I too have been skunked many a time in fall not to even see a fish on conesus, but then again there are other times where there are follows and hits coming from multiple spots seemingly all day.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that they turn on and off just like they do in the summer, but in the fall when they turn on, they really turn on. maybe the feeding windows this time of year are longer or more pronounced...

by this late in the year, the only time i'm on Conesus is when two things happen simultaneously: 1) dying to fish and just not enough time for the trek to pure muskie waters and 2) have someone with me to help launch with no docks

yeah idk how you go about stumbling on the bite in the fall, my aunt has a camp right on the other side of the point to the left of the launch right on a nice 35 foot dropoff that comes up to about 6-10 feet with weeds thats in easy casting distance so im thinking it might be a good place to cast suckers and jerkbaits from shore but im not sure where they locate themselves now in the water column

all the fish I've seen there in the fall have been in or just off the weedlines. the key is to search out whatever good weeds are left. particularly pond weed. i don't fish there frequently enough to know where those are on any given outing...usually work the weedlines till I find some. I do best using something with a decent vibration-good search bait. I think jerks using a long pause could be good for less active fish if you know what the spots are ahead of time, but they need to go deep so nothing too buoyant.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I have found the pike on Conesus get used to seeing the same old pike lures day in and day out. With the water temps dropping, try large weighted sluggos. We have done well in the late fall using sluggos.