6/23 AM Out for a short trip. Started the day in 100 fow 2 to 3 ft chop out of the North / North East.Good Bait and Marks. Everything was 75 ft and below. 5 degree temp. break 75 down. Took Kings out of the bait and out of temp at 60 ft down.

Sun. 6/24 AM Slight Chop. Returned to same area and fought a good current on a West troll. Took 1 King

Headed East and immediately the rods started to fire. Browns and Kings out of the bait. Again 60 to 75 down over 80 FOW

Sun. 6/24 PM Ran West Settled in to an East troll in 75 fow. Good bait and

fish. Again took Browns and Kings.

Everything caught on spoons. Blk/Sil, Dolphin, Sil/ FL. Gr.

Persistence, was that you trolling east in 75-80 FOW around 5-7pm from the park/water tower to Sandy creek?

we were in the tan 16' polarkraft running parallel to you for about an hour in 90 FOW. we saw you pull in a few fish.

What a nice evening to be on the water, the lake was as smooth as it ever gets.

Pat, wish I knew you were out Sunday :x

I hit the water around 6:15pm with the Mrs :shock:, found fish in the 70-100ft range too. Currant was a little tough. Couldn't get a release until I went out to 150 feet and trolled back into 125 or so on a SE troll and got 2 kings back to back within 10 minutes around 8:30. Both down 75 and back 60 feet on the riggers, one 8-10#er on the slider Nk 28 DL that is was just whipped from a couple of weeks ago that I let the wife bring in after watching it leap around behind the boat (I'll post the picture later ;( ) and the other king around 18-20#s was on a R&R watermelon that just screamed out line 3 times :D , that one I left up to me to land :devil::D:D:D:D:D. That was it 2 for 2 and a beautiful night on the water.

Heading out Tuesday AM with one of my son in-laws and maybe even that evening again. Anybody know if I can park my boat anywhere on or in the Sandy creek area so that I don't have to tow it to and from my house in Chili twice that day :x :?: Thanks :!:

P.S got to meet Fish Junkie and Pops at the launch, and UnkleJim at Gander Saturday (Capt. Bob from Reel Excitement was great by the way) always nice to meet guys from the site :)

Mike, yes that was me. We had a good pick all the way from the nose to Sandy. I believe I saw you net a fish just before we pulled lines to go in. How did you end up?

Fishinman, I could not get the right speed either on that West troll on Sunday but it all changed when we started the East troll. I hit two quick Browns three minutes into the troll and then it was good all the way to the creek. I finished about 11am.

I live on Sandy, three houses South of the Parkway bridge on the West side. If you put in at the state launch just take a peak upstream and you should be able to see the boat if I am not out. Stop by if you get a chance.

Good to read that you caught a Kings out deep. I thought of going deep but I did not want to give up what I had inside.

What size boat do you have?

We managed to get two small kings, a steelhead and 4 lakers on sunday, we had a heck of a time getting to the right temp and depth, plus the current was really playing havoc with us everytime we tried to make s curves. we ended up trolling at 1.4 going west, 2.1 going east to get the right speed on for the right lure action, I noticed you were a bit faster in shallower water.

I think we were pulling in a nice laker 10+ pounds when you were pulling in your lines.

See everyone next weekend!!! what's the best channel to chat over out there?

Mike, our speed was 2.1 to 2.5 mph. The current seemed to be a little more severe out in that 90 to 120 depth. We concentrated on following the bottom contour which seemed to maintain a consistent current even on humps and drops. The browns we caught were good looking fishing. They ranged from 4 to 11 lbs.

We usually sit on 72 in the Sandy area.