11-24-10 Great Day Wayne County 12 pt

laker taker

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Mitch's hunt today started with us in a ground blind we had set up yesterday...across the swamp where we have watched 5 bucks and numerous does move over the three days we sat there. Wouldn’t you know it we watched that 2.5 year old you speak of Ray...cross under the stand across the swamp!! Shawn definitely the same gene pool as the one I got in 2007!! I have never scored a buck before but gave it a conservative poke after this mornings hunt-came up with 142-1/8"gross and 136 3/8"net....we will see how close when a pro does it! (6 1/8" right base and 5 1/2" left base-19 1/2" and 19 3/4 beams)

Couple more shots...best of luck everyone!!

Chuck

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

Caught him crossing this narrow hill top field yesterday...this picture was taken today at the spot he was standing when he was shot...I was 233 paces straight ahead...

DSC00535.jpg

Congrats Mitch, nice finger and gun control ya musta had a good teacher...ya know ya need to step up to the keyboard and tell us "How I Spent My First Deer Season""..Hey Even if ya ant got the bestist ability im shure pops left out a few details that you musta experianced......yer running with the big dogs now kid so spill yer guts............... ;)

• 2 months later...

Hello all, Just got back from Scorza Brothers...2010 buck on right, 2007 buck on left and Mitch's 2009 Brown in the middle...wall is now full!

May need a place to live real soon! :D Wife is due home any minute!!!

DSC00629.jpg

Raedy to get back on the water!!

Chuck