Mitch takes a poke x2!! & runs into a monster- 11/27/10

laker taker

Hello all,

Great hunt today!! This morning found us settled into our watch on the other side of the swamp...nice coating of snow on the ground. At about 6:50... I am looking to the north and Mitch says...dad hold this... and hands me his coat/vest/two shirts, he says his under armor is bothering him...either (Thanksgiving or the dryer struck) so off comes that right down to nothing.... after the quick change we get settled again...and about 7:20 I look south two see two deer headed our way through the woods. GET READY BOY!! 4/5 pointer in the lead...he does it all right and waits for the perfect spot/shot at about 45 yards...BANG... buck spins and comes straight at us he jacks another shell and BANG...now the buck kicks in high in high gear!! GONE!! Watching this whole thing unfold was the most exciting thing I have every witnessed.... I was shaking like a leaf! Mitch looks at me and says "What happened?" ...I responded you did everything right its different shooting at paper than the real thing...after a quick check for blood and hair... I return to the stand.... let him know that a clean miss is way better than a bad hit!!! Twenty minutes later we head north to see what we could see.... well don’t we run into a 10 or 12 point headed right at us on the skidder road...counted 8 big beautiful daggers at 100 yards...what a brut...no shot...Mitch says next Saturday is his day!!! Stay tuned... he said he would chime in after the season....

Take care and good luck!!

Chuck

Great story Chuck dont worry Mitch ive been hunting for 28 yrs. and I shook today when I saw a nice 8pt. I hope sat. is your day and it will be an even better story than the one your dad just told!! Good luck.

Tom