Bass Lures

I am sure some of you are bass fisherman. My father in law is not much for fishing but from time to time he wants to cast off his dock at Little York Lake. His tackle box was stolen out of his boat house this past summer. I am going to hook him up with some weedless bass lures for Christmas. So far I have bought him so prop baits, jitter bugs, spinner baits, seikos, asst plastic worms, hooks 3/0 and weedless 3/0 for wacky style. Asst sinkers and bait hooks. What else should I get him. Like I said his fishing experience is very limited.

x2 on the rattletraps, you cant work 'em wrong and they catch fish. My favorite is the strike king red eye shad, but any old rattletrap should do the trick. Your pretty much spot on with all those choices for simpler fishing styles, you cant beat plastic worms and senkos.

Shallow diving crankbaits have worked amazing for me the past few years. find the ones with a fat body with a very short lip that go maybe 1-2' deep, just over the top of the weeds. worked great on sodus!

great idea with the gift, sounds like he has a good season coming up! :yes:

Sounds like you got a great Xmas thing going there Chris! I'd set him up w/ some 'Zoom Super Flukes' & show him how to rig em to hang straight/run weed less style. They will kill bucket mouths if they are worked properly to drop down in and dart around in the weed beds, you don't really have to cast them that far and it's not to hard a technique to use. -Andy

x2 on the flukes, all you need is the pearl color or the pearl with silver flake (maybe called pearl ice), and the 3/0 EWG hooks work good. Maybe think about a zara spook or one knocker spook also, these are my top producing topwater by far, catching both bass and pike. You can cast pretty far, and imparting a walk-the-dog action is pretty easy.

Oh definitely get a zara spook (great suggestion!) The strikes on the spooks are tremendous! Casting them is like having a dog on point- tremendous anticipation! Not sure how the fish do it, but on occasion they will whack them just as they hit the water- tell him not hurry the retrieve on these lures. -Andy