Wire Line...Single Strand vs. Briaded

Well wire is hot. Seems like you have to have it and I have heard it almost always takes the largest kings on the boat.

Back in NJ I ran single strand Monel wire for trolling lake trout with thumper rigs. It worked so I figured why change it. So now at this point I have three wire line rods....all spooled with single strand monel wire.

Since 95% of guys use braided, I was wondering if my setup's were considered old technology or offered less advantages than braided wire.

I talked to a few people and it seems to be a personal preference but I'm curious what you guys think.

Thanks.

Well wire is hot. Seems like you have to have it and I have heard it almost always takes the largest kings on the boat.

Back in NJ I ran single strand Monel wire for trolling lake trout with thumper rigs. It worked so I figured why change it. So now at this point I have three wire line rods....all spooled with single strand monel wire.

Since 95% of guys use braided, I was wondering if my setup's were considered old technology or offered less advantages than braided wire.

I talked to a few people and it seems to be a personal preference but I'm curious what you guys think.

Thanks.

where at in New jersey ...???? Round Valley???

as you know the monel needs a tad more caution on roller tips.. many "pole fishing" commercial guys run the stuff in the cape cod waters for stripers..like yankee mentioned it works fine just not as user friendly specially for us guys with "big rods"and small boats who need to break down for storage..

If its all ya got go for it usually the equiptment used with monel (rod and reel) is heavy and kinda takes enjoying the fight out of the pic.

I am very familiar with the use of braided wire line in the sport and commercial salmon fishing out here on the west coast and the use of rollers. I was given two spools of the monel stainless single strand. Is the use of roller rods needed for this wire? thanks in advance, Nick