New Motor problems

Irish Buoy

Name: Paul Oliver

Home Port:Clayton

Boat Name/Type:Irish Buoy Trophy

I fish for:

Pike, Perch, Bass, Salmon

==================

( Looking for some advice, comments suggstions regarding problems I recently had with a relatively new motor). Merc. Verado 150 hp, 2007. 105 hrs.

I own a 07, 20' Trophy WA, great fishing boat love it and the motor until Labor Day weekend 2010 Merc. Verado 150, would not start out of the clear blue never a previous problem 105 hrs. well maintained. After 2 days of frustration, the dealership told me I had a major computer component gone bad, which may have also caused a few other minor issues. (parts & labor $1900 on warranty) but not next year.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with this motor, I didn't get the boat back until just before HALLOWEEN

, effectively eliminating me from Fall fishing? I am looking for comments (keep em kind) other peoples experiences and suggestions.

Thank you [email protected]

Sorry to hear of that problem! Now ya got ME scared! I just purchased a 2010 Tracker Targa and I only have break in hours on it. Yeah, I have the same 150 H.P. Verado. Did Merc. make it right with you? Steve........

I had one experience with the newer Mercs. That was enough for me. 125ELPTO, biggest piece of junk on the face of the planet. Merc should offer mega rebates for repowering them. It was easier for us to justify selling and getting another boat then repowering. Last Merc I'll ever own...

Well, unless they're 30+ years old. Still nothing that is better then the old Kiekhaefer outboards. I sold the '71 80hp off my boat to a friend, still fires in less then 5 seconds. I told him he had to baby it through duck season so that when he fired it up next summer he could officially say he was running a 40 year old motor.

I had one experience with the newer Mercs. That was enough for me. 125ELPTO, biggest piece of junk on the face of the planet. Merc should offer mega rebates for repowering them. It was easier for us to justify selling and getting another boat then repowering. Last Merc I'll ever own...

Well, unless they're 30+ years old. Still nothing that is better then the old Kiekhaefer outboards. I sold the '71 80hp off my boat to a friend, still fires in less then 5 seconds. I told him he had to baby it through duck season so that when he fired it up next summer he could officially say he was running a 40 year old motor.

I'll be in the same boat (no pun intended) next season with my kicker. 1971 Johnson 6hp - purrs like a kitten and starts usually on the 2nd pull. One of the best outboards I've ever owned!!

my 08 merc 150 efi had 3 coils go bad after the warranty was over. they gave me six new ones on "good will". they need to have different warranties in cold weather states. you get two years on a new merc weather you live in florida and can use it all year or in new york and and only get six months. things will be different when i am king.