California Tackle

stan

There was a question asked out West on a West Coast fishing forum. Now for the last three years I have been talking about Spoons, Flies , Sub Probes, Planer Boards, Steel Line Rods and Copper Line Rods. The answers the guys in California, are always that East coast stuff will not work out here.Which is a false statement, I seem to do quiet well on it. So could you guys help me out on a survey ? What West Coast items do you use ?

I will post up your answers out west with your permission.

Here’s a few things that originated on the leftcoast. Some of the main stuff we use on the GL was invented on the west coast. Stuff like Salmon Flashers, Cutbait heads, Cutbait rigs, Dipsey Diver, J-plugs. I'm sure everyone knew that though

Ever visit www.ifish.net

If they're not using spinnys/flashers & flies, they're missing the boat.

........EXACTLY what muskybob said .......you can take a horse to water , but you can't make them drink

... Stan , just smile while you are cranking in the fish :lol::lol::lol:

I think it may have something to do with I.Q. or age..... No!....... It's I.Q.

I seriously think the Moderators and members should have to take and pass an I.Q. test in order to join and have access. That's my 2 cents but then who knows? I might be a member of a very select number. Then again maybe not at all! :rofl:

I just don't get it either Stan. Why does everyone have an opinion about something they have absolutely no knowledge about? They act like a pack of Wolves looking for any presumed weakness in the products and techniques you propose. I've known most of those folks for around seven years now and in person they aren't as opinionated as they are when hiding behind the CPU curtain. Like I said, I don't get it.

Dale

Dipsy's, Cutbait heads, dodgers and Flashers are from Oregon & Washington. Yes pro-troll is out of the bay area.

Patriot Myself & Fishstalker both belong to the Oregon based form

Gill-T those weights come and go and you have to be in the right place at the right time to get them. I will keep my eyes open for you.

I think it may have something to do with I.Q. or age..... No!....... It's I.Q.

I seriously think the Moderators and members should have to take and pass an I.Q. test in order to join and have access. That's my 2 cents but then who knows? I might be a member of a very select number. Then again maybe not at all! :rofl:

I am a moderator on you guys board and I'm not dumb , or wait , maybe I am :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mark - Your one of the best kept secrets out there. :rofl::rofl::rofl: They hid you away in what they call the "DEAD ZONE".

I just had a thought....................... I should ask Blue Eyes where the Christmas Ornaments can be downloaded at? That certainly would keep those select few busy for some time. :rofl:

Stan

I suspect we all have downriggers. The first patented one was the "hirty-girty" which was 1st used on the "left coast." Of course they stole the concept from some indians fishing the great Lakes in the 1800's ;):D

Tom B.

(LongLine)

LEFT COAST :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You betcha that should tell you something right there.

My son told me once the height stupidity was to

argue with someone you don't even know on a computer. So I will let those Left coast greats go on about there lives, catching fish just dumped out of a truck.

The members on this board are top notch, if anyone asks a question there given more advise by so many great fisherman it's hard to take it all in sometimes.

Keep up the great work and sportsmanship out here guys your leading the nation. That is not bad for a bunch of Yankees :rofl:

Mark - In my post I meant no reflection on you. None of my venting was pointed in your direction. I hope you pass the test! :rofl:

One thing for sure is I don't argue with them guys , and they like to argue over the littlest things .......

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I use some 11" flashers by Hot Spot and Pro Troll, West Coast companies I think, also a couple Goldstar spoons that are small like 5 of diamonds size but light like a NK 28, good slider spoon

this website offers rigger cable to 500'

http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/Salmon%20Tackle.htm

home page

http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/index.htm

also 300' of 200 lb spectra downrigger line

for which here is the knot diagram

http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/Spectra%20Knot.htm

I would love to get a hold of some 15-20 lb pancake weights that you guys supposedly have, but I cannot find any west coast tackle stores that carry them online.

I had a pair of those planing,line twisting pancake weights and I practically gave em away. If they are west coast progress I guess I'll stick w/ A-TOM-MIK, Michigan Stinger, DW, and Honey Bees!

In all seriousness though I do think that a lot of the tackle that originated in the NW coastal fisheries were the 'origin' of a lot of our tackle (flashers,dipsy divers,squids,meat rigs etc) Although squids have sort of become 'old fashioned', I still like them for the early am b/c they have a lot of glow. It's my distinct impression that the NW coastal commercial trollers are probably the best 'fisherman' on the planet! -Andy