TOURNAMENT - Wilson Harbor Invitational - May 13th and 14th

For those of you that have heard and those who havent The Wilson Harbor Invitational will take place May 13th and 14th 2011. We are happy to offer a new format, great fishing, and an awards banquet you wont forget. Invitations are being mailed. Feel free to contact us with any questions and concerns.

WBI

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

[email protected]

http://twitter.com/WilsonHarbor

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wilson ... 1115593344

http://www.wilsonharborinvitational.com

A No Communication Event !!!!

-One great quality in a tournament that has proven its worth in the past, year after year, growing some events to 80 and 90 total teams

-The same great quality in an tourney that keeps the Canadian based "Tightline Shootout" topping the charts as "One of the Best" and a sell-out yearly !!!

-The Wilson Harbor Invitational will as well be a "NO COMMUNICATION" event

-Coming from one of the most involved single entities who participates in as many events as anyone on Lake Ontario, I feel a high amount of respect should be shed for an event that is willing to work with the same entities that make the event possible in the first place

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Also for future reference talks are in the works to spread this type event well eastward, possibly as soon as 2012 to hopefully button up a series type of venues to further cater to the liking of what a majority of anglers have been wishing for after quite some time. "Build it and they will come" the intention !!! Kevin and crew have their work cut out for them as they have high intentions, but for those who will have to choose to fish certain events d/t financial circumstance, these will certainly cater to a greater liking. A leveler playing field, a unique-ism among its kind and a new style of post event catering that smaller events like my 2010 A-TOM-MIK Challenge touched upon this past summer. Sweet !!!!

A few more of the strong points of this event IMO

-6 rod limit to cater to more teams and level the playing field

-One class of anglers

-Salmon Only

-Possible point structure eligibility for the Scotty's events over-all KOTL

-Observers

-American/Canadian open waters

-Shotgun start

Tom

Great work Billy, you've got us Canadian salmon guys excited about this event too!

I heard about it through the grapevine and can honestly say that judging by the format, you will have a full field in no time, and this surely will draw some folks from the North Shore 8)

Best of luck, looking forward to this event. :yes:

Tony

Thanks for all the support, we are basically picking up where the Salmon Slam left off. We are growing up and moving on to the next phase. The Wilson Harbor Invitational takes the best attributes of all those before us and attempts to put everyone on the same field in the same capacity. We prefer to think of it as a tournament for fisherman by fisherman. In a nutshell a reasonable quota, competant anglers, the seasons best fishing at the most opportunistic time and place. All we can hope for is good weather. With most tournaments it is all about the fishing, well we are mostly about the fishing. Still the reason we all do this, there is a tremendous sense of responsibility when it comes to the biggest pieces of the pie. You the angler and of course our generous sponsors deserve to see their names in lights and recognizing everyone involved is what we are all about. At the end of the day we are hopeful you enjoy the format and alll the festivities that go along with it. Most of the information is posted on our website, which we will update frequetly. Remember as you get your invites there are deadlines so dont miss out on the early bird drawing. As always questions and concerns are always welcome as we look forward to spring!

WBI

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

[email protected]

http://twitter.com/WilsonHarbor

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wilson ... 1115593344

http://www.wilsonharborinvitational.com

I also got the invite :yes: This will probably be the only tournament I fish on Ontario this year. With the kids, work, all the charters on the finger lakes and a big fishing trip back to Alaska this coming summer, that does not leave to many open weekends. I am ready for spring :D

tonyb,

Most all of the credit here goes directly to Kevin. It was his vision that got the ball rolling, and he's no doubt been the driving force behind making this a reality. He's put together a great format at an incredible time of year in one of my favorite places on earth for us all to enjoy. Personally I'm excited as can be about this event and I can't wait to see the finished product next May.

Got the invite and it could not be more bumed out. Brockport U is having their graduation that Saturday and lucky for me my gf just happens to be graduating that day. On the bright side now she can get a job :clap::@ I guess there is always 2012.

Rod, If you need anyone for big fish Friday let me know.

That's a bummer Jeff! I spoke with the boys today and it looks like our team is joining forces with Oh-Baby and fishing it off their boat. I'm really looking forward to fishing with those guys ....gonna be a long winter.

As the Wilson Harbor Invitational picks up speed we are always looking for new sponsors. If you or a company you work with would like to get involved we would love to hear from you. We have media kits available and sponsorships at any level are welcome. Email [email protected] for details

WHI