TOURNAMENT - Wilson Harbor Invitational - May 13th and 14th

Team Pandemonium is in. Sent ours in last week. I love Wilson Harbour. The restaurants there rock. Wilson Boat House is fabulous. Great food, drinks and service.

Hey Vince, how the hell are ya? I could'nt agree with you more. "If you build it, they will come". Good work to all involved in making this happen. :rofl:

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

At the Toronto Boat Show today and tomorrow. Stop by the CMC/Raymarine booth and say hi. For those Canadian teams fishing the KOTL series this year I have invites with me as our tournament is mandatory for the overall. Still further if you have yet to get deposits in the deadline is looming. Dont mail it stop by in person! More to come!

The Wilson Harbor Invitational is proud to announce our partnership with the Food Bank of WNY and Holiday Ice. This years participants in the Wilson Harbor Invitational are encouraged to donate their catch to help feed those who need it most. All unwanted fish caught in this years tournament may be donated to the WHI and the Food Bank of WNY. Following Saturdays main event there will be volunteers available to process your catch and package accordingly. Holiday Ice will be providing each boat with ice to help keep your catch fresh free of charge. This is a terrific way for you the angler to give to a worthy cause. Feel free to contact us if you maybe interested in assisting us in this process.

Great deal and Awesome idea !!! Free ice too... are you kidding me? Now that's really putting the thinking cap on and catering to all, the players, the marina, the fishery and a few that may never be so fortunate to see the likes of some Lake Ontario fruits. Innovative and respectful !!!! The WHI is setting a future stage.

I also heard through the grape-vine of another new innovative idea to the WHI (to our Lake Ontario tourney scene that is) can't wait till this concept/idea is firmed up, surely gonna make a few extra eyes from the crowd stay tuned till the end, who would normally head to the parking lot before an event is even over.

Keep it coming Kev-O

Tom

Wilson Harbor Invitational is proud to announce a minimum guaranteed payout of over $35,000 in CASH!

1st $14,000

2nd $7000

3RD $3500

4th $3500

5th $3500

6th $1750

7th $1750

We will be adjusting the prize structure accordingly as additional entries are recieved. The response thus far has been amazing and we look forward to hearing from the rest of you soon. We are also currently shoring up the dinner menu with Shelly, What a meal she has planned for you!

Theres many ways of spreading the "CASH" out. Ya $5000 for 5th is to high.

3rd-$4000

4th-$3500

5th-$3000

6th-$1800

7th-$1700

For me it seems more spread out and uniformed. Just from my experience. Kevin and his committee will figure it out. Good Luck! Dave DPII

i got a question.....if you guys want to make this an elite high quality tournament, how about banning fishing 3 days prior to the start of the tournament....that way guys are not staying on pods of fish....you are putting your real skills to the test....i believe this will really determine the best crew for the weekend.

this is just my thoughts...so go ahead and bash me with a 100 reason why this will not work...

With that much money at stake.......people will go out on the water and prefish. Can't enforce it Jason. You also have charters running during the week. We do not live in a perfect world......but this tournament with no communication is a step in the right direction. Going to be interesting seeing some of the big boats having to run six rod spreads like us amateurs.......even if Kings are the only target. :beer:

I agree. I know that we are off most of the week to pre fish and there are pros and cons for the Charters. Most of these guys have years of experience under their belts but running a charter they have to focus on putting fish in the box for their clients. There customers are not interested in tournemants they just want fish so this put them at somewhat a disadvantage. Another thing to keep in mind is by allowing us to fish in Canadian water it has increased the pond quite a bit and I know we will be purshasing a license as well. May not be worth the hassle but if thats were the pods are ya gotta run it. This is gonna take all the skill and knowledge for us ametures to compete but what a challenge.

We are pumped...bring it on.... :devil: .. :devil: .. :yes:

Shade

No need to bash at all.... thinking outside the box is what all this is about. Not that anything is happening that hasnt been done..............yet. As ive said from day one we are what the others arnt period. This tournament is and will continue to be for the masses there is always room for change as long as it makes sense. This tournament basically belongs to the anglers that fish it, aside from personal preferences when change is needed the constituants will speak. The Elite part comes from being wide open and the heavy thinking begins with left or right? From fishing the Scotty then KOTL it really is anyones game. Weve seen the littlest of boats with the greenest of anglers fish the short water to a win. Weve seen many of the same teams defy odds to remain in command over time. Do you sift through numbers to find the big ones? or do you simply hunt the giants with a big fish program? Bottom line 6 fish 6 rods one day and the best fishing in all the Great Lakes. I think the outcome is anyones guess. Im excited for the possibilities as the response so far has been nothing short of amazing! Keep the feed back coming as its driving this committee to exceed your expectations come on May!

Some great ideas. As for the elite part, I have been suggesting a "grid " tourney for years. The concept is everyone fishes the same chunk of water, and where that is isn't "drawn" until the AM of the event. This would, in effect, render tons of pre-fishing pretty much useless.

The truth is, although a Tourney like this would be a blast, pre-fishing is highly over-rated. There are many, many cases of boats coming from the East to the West end, and boats going from the West end to the East end and winning big despite limited pre-fishing. The reason is, trends and locations change, and rapidly on Lake Ontario. This doesn't just hold true with Salmon Tournament fishing. Bass fishing legend Ricky Clunn has said it's very difficult to win a Bass Tourney on your "home" lake because of "preconceived notions." What he means by this is often locals are reluctant to "get off" what has been working and where, while contestants from outside of the area come in with a fresh outlook. In all Tournament fishing, it comes down to decision making.

The problem with shutting down Tourney water to contestants is non-contestants would still be able to fish the water. Whoever could coerce more non-Tourney buddies to go out fishing during those 3 days would have a huge advantage. In addition, where do you draw the line? Do you just prohibit the boat, or just the Captain? What if Tourney team members want to fish it out of a friends boat? Just no way to monitor all the possibilities, and Shade is 100% correct, with the format being what it is Charterboats may have to fish totally different on Charters than in the Tourney.

No bashing Jason, bouncing ideas around can only improve future events. As for this WHI event, there are many controls in place to level the playing field. Hope it's a complete sell-out.