TOURNAMENT - Wilson Harbor Invitational - May 13th and 14th

I watched an experienced pro who has won multiple events, and major ones also, sign up to observe a few years back at an event, I thought for a moment... hmmmm, is this odd? But, NOPE not at all, his Team name is Sandman and Pat is one very smart sole who knows what it takes to beat other top dogs. I have watched him do it time and time again !!! Too many "up and coming" anglers, experienced and not, do not take advantage of observing. Woe on them as it is a daunting learning curve !! Smart move.....

Tom

Thank you for the kind words guys, and for appreciating simple sportsmanship. I know what it takes, to have everything come together, so I appreciate the game even when we don't do well. I love the camraderie during and after a FAIRLY played event. Thanks to players like you, Tom and Pete, and to too many others to mention, this Tourny thing is starting to shape up like I always hoped it would. As you guys know, I feel Great Lakes Salmon and Trout take a back seat to no other fish when all things are considered.

Well things keep getting better. A couple more sponsors to introduce. Two more that we are very excited to introduce............Poly Planar Marine Audio Systems something for everyone here since everyone loves their tunes. Box speakers, amps, subwoofers, and the answer to IPOD and Smart Phone intigration with the MRD80i. Secondly Ocean LED will be joining us as well. Lighting for both above and below the water Ocean is leading the way in low battery consumpton super bright LED lighting. These have been for me one of the more enjoyable add ons to my vessel. The marine life is crazy and watching perch feist on minnows under the boat never gets old. Special thanks to both companies for joining our inland BIG WATER coalition.

Still further im happy to report a number of our sponsors will have reps in attendance. Its good to see them come out for our event and it certainly shows the interest were getting! Those so far planning to attend

Warrior Lures

Raymarine

Navionics

Ocean LED

Traxstech

Scotty

Cannon

ATOMMIK (as if you could keep him away)

Great Lakes Tackle Shop

Walker

More to announce! This week forms will be going out for advance orders on our OFFICIAL WHI Tournament Tee Shirt. These will be of very high quality similar to a Guy Harvey weight. Obviously with the excessive costs of running a tournament of this magnatude we are hoping to have an order placed ahead of time and allow for the shirts to be waiting here for your pick up. Obviously size matters so the idea isnt to have a ton of the wrong size shirt floating around. The back is pictured here the front will have our logo on the left breast area. Additionally several of our sponsors will enjoy the realistate below the graphics on the back of the shirt. Prices will be $20 for short $25 for long. There will be a very small number of shirts available at the actual event priced $5 higher. This will also be a limited edition shirt as next years design will change. Let us know what you think!

Tee_shirt.jpg

With all of the excitement surrounding WHI this spring there is room for everyone to get involved. We are currently looking for volunteers to help package fish for the Food Bank of WNY and also help out with the weigh-in. Anyone interested please call me personally 716-863-1001. Besides the fishing we are attempting to do a great thing here. The energy is fantastic and we are hopeful we can provide the food bank with over a thousand pounds of fresh Lake Ontario Salmon.

Yet another sponsor announcement and one we are excited about! Traxstech will be joining us this season as a major contributor to our WHI initiative. Traxstech has agreed to Sponsor the main events BIG FISH PRIZE. The largest fish caught during Saturdays main event will bring home two fully adjustable 3 unit bird trees. Other prizes will be available at the banquet as well including fully adjustable replacement rod holders for your Scotty downriggers.

traxstech.jpg

Very impressive in every way! I am very much looking forward to be involved in this event. Competition is steep and being a newbie I have much to learn, but fishing amongst the elite is a thrill in it's self. Kevin,- Has there been any interest in a "Big Boys" take all on Sunday? maybe $500 -$1,000 entry? With so many gun-slingers in OK corral it may just work. I know in the past some have been unable to fish these events because they are normally set up on a Monday and some have prior commitments to get back to the un-reel world. Just an idea, heck with all that's up for grags on Saturday there not be anyone with the strength to fish a Sunday anyway. I vote for Vinny to take care of this side board.

Again, a first class event. Thank you.

Best regards,

Capt. Tony Sambunjak

A few of us talked about a little side tourney on Sunday, but nothing is set in stone. We do a small one day shootout from the Wilson Boat House during Memorial Day weekend. $50 a boat winner takes all. I don't see a problem with something like this, but I can assure you the committee has their hands full with the shootout, so if anyone wants to take action on a Sunday tourney feel free. I would wait until that weekend to run something in the case that we get blown off on Saturday.

Here we are approaching 11000 views! A milestone for sure! Im happy to be bringing you our 33rd and 34th sponsor as well. Thrilled to announce both Moonshine Lures and Goetz Energy will be joining us this season. One a producer of quality glow in the dark blades the other providing us the very fuel you will burning during the WHI! And yes there are still more to come please standby! Emails will be going out tomorrow concerning Dinner tickets, shirts and a survey. Please note the captain or organizer should take care of the shirts and dinner the survey is REQUIRED FOR ALL ANGLERS SO PLEASE FORWARD TO YOUR TEAMMATES. This is very important feedback for our sponsors to help ensure next season is better yet! On tee shirts if possible email me with number and sizes with such a large run I have a deadline this week for the first order.

Goetz_Theme4th_Cut_05.jpg

moonshine.jpg

I was under the impression that we where going to get paper work in the mail for the balance due along with any extra team memebers above the 4 to pay extra meal cost. I also assumed we where getting order forms for the WIT tee shirts.

Howie

First off Im sorry for not posting as of late however there is lots to do. Angler surveys are coming in Tee shirt orders are brisk and we have 2 more sponsors to introduce. Here are two that belong in everyones boat and we are thrilled to have them on board. We are pleased to introduce Protroll and Damn Good Foods to the family. The first needs no introduction at all and the latter makers of some Damn Good Beef Jerky. What a novel idea right? Please remember due dates are looming so please mail in your info!

Damn_Good.jpg

Protroll_Patch_2004.jpg

Probably dumb question but I need to know. What is the process or procedure in dock slips for the WIT? Are we responsible to make are own arrangements and if so can I get a contact number? I understand there are 2 marinas that will have spots.

Howie