HUGE Musky

Captain Mike Conroy dropped me a call a few minutes ago to fill me in on a great catch from a friend of ours here in Oswego

Capt. Bob Walters, of Water Wolf Charters in Clayton, hoists a 59-inch muskie caught by his client Ed Beers, of New Jersey, on the St. Lawrence River on Nov. 30.

Walters and others are saying the fish, which unofficially weighed in at 56 pounds, with a 28-inch girth, is the largest muskie caught on the river in 50 years.

For Walters, it was the 100th muskie landed on his boat since he started running his charter service. One of his clients also landed and released a 55-incher earlier in the season.

Bob was trolling a Believer off from a Big Jon Otter Boat borrowed from Team Sea Devil !!! The big dogs of the business continue to rack em' up big

I was lucky enough to attend one of Bob's seminars about 7 years ago on taking Muskie's, Bob knows his stuff !!!

Great job Bob, were proud of you !!!

http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2010/ ... video.html

9105891-large.jpg

Tom

My buddy and i were with my brother trolling for Musky allong wolf island in cape Vincent like five years ago when we landed a big muskie and it was a experience of a lifetime...also lost a fish trolling for muskie same spot i faught for 15 minutes and that is the worst feeling fishing i have had. Catching a muskie like that has to be the ultimate freshwater experience. :clap:

Just did a quick search Greg

It is tough to say, much is dependent upon size of body of water, diet, avg. temp of water

Seeing as though the St Lawrence has areas of somewhat deep depths and quite large

Diet would have to be rather great

A guess would be 15 or 20 years old and possibly as old as 25

Tom