Winter Lake Trout Jigging?

idn713

Hey guys is it possible to jig in the winter for lakers? My Dad's friend owns a house on Seneca Lake and he said I could use it anytime. I will use it in the spring and summer and I will fish like crazy but I was wondering if it would be worth it to take a trip in the cold and try to jig up some lakers.

Winter laker fishing can be phenomenal on Seneca. We usually start fishing perch in February and I'm begging the guys to take a meander into 80-100' and let me catch a few lakers. Typical jigs, plastics, vertical spoons and minnows all work. Wind is definitely your enemy though, and running an outboard in the winter requires some precautions. Go get them!

Hmm starky pt .........Psss the dec used to put their laker stockin nets out about 200 yds south in the cove.......bout 30 years ago i was scuba diving near there and got read the riot act when i got to shore,,,but they calmed down I think :lol: ...the current normally flows counter clockways so just south of the point in 70 to 100fow should be good.

• 2 weeks later...