drifting the lower niagara

Hi guys. I have a few questions for those who drift the lower niagara this time of year for trout. I have been out 2 times in my boat drifting artpark. Both times the water has been muddy. The 1st time my brother hooked 3 or 4. And Sunday between 3 guys we didn't hook anything. Drifted 3 way swivel rigs with single egg. Egg sacks. And also kwikfish...nothing. I am wondering if I am not drifting this right or if the muddy water is the reason. I have a 17ft aluminum deep vee with an electric trolling motor. I've been using the electric trolling motor to keep us from going into shore and from being pushed out keeping us is about 12 to 17 feet I don't use the electric motor to try to slow the drift...we go with the current. Saw some boats heading toward the lake toward the stella drift didn't know if that was the hot drift and art park wasn't ...any suggstions would be appreciated. It frustrates me because when I fish from shore I can pull lakers out no problem.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Sometimes the fish just are not there.

Time to move.

On the American side, try the Devils Hole, Coast guard drift.

And out in the lake by the green can.

On the Canadian side there are more drifts. Pine, Jackson, back drift.

It just takes time.

• 3 weeks later...

With your boat artpark and the area around the fort are probably the best drifts. Devils hole is great too, but I don't know if I'd try that with a small boat. Stella can be decent, but artpark is where it's at. Try different depths,,, move out to 20 -25 ft some and see if you can get some action out there. Water color is everything up there, it can be really tough when the water goes brownish. Anything greenish works and on the other side it can start getting too clear soon as well, then you switch to lighter line and longer leaders. Sounds like your doing the right things. We normally fish the bags and beads in the morning and switch to kwikfish when the water comes up and is moving faster. Hope this helps some and good luck.

Thanks kliph. I went down today fished from shore. Quite a few boats out for a Thursday water cleared up. I talked to a guy and he told me to go with bigger bait. I guess ill just have to keep trying.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

big water... you can getaway with biggr floats and hook and weight and bait....

rule of thumb from the machines book of hammering chromadome...

How many copies have you sold machine ?

I will be up this weekend for the first time from boat...CANT WAIT. The drifts i love are artpark and lower stella, and when the conditions are right for the bar its awesome :clap: . I have never been to the canadian side but when i get a boat (hopefully for next winter) i will get over there. I think the niagara is my favorite fishing spot. Something about the feeling of waiting to see that big steelhead, laker, brown coming out of the depths of that beutiful green water.

How many copies have you sold machine ?

I will be up this weekend for the first time from boat...CANT WAIT. The drifts i love are artpark and lower stella, and when the conditions are right for the bar its awesome :clap: . I have never been to the canadian side but when i get a boat (hopefully for next winter) i will get over there. I think the niagara is my favorite fishing spot. Something about the feeling of waiting to see that big steelhead, laker, brown coming out of the depths of that beutiful green water.

cant remember off hand...

I think it was none :(

I still have faith though :yes: