Finally getting better...

I am finally starting to learning this airbrushing thing. I have tried to step my game up to make the plugs better. Here are some of the last ones I am going to make for this year. Its been fun and frustrating at the same time. I think these are by far the best I have done and I just wanted to show off a couple of them. Bty- all baits are sold and I need to get my a$$ to work to make more as I am still way behind in my orders. Thanks for taking a look and supporting a redneck painter that didn't know much about anything but is learning as quickly as I can.

077.jpg

061.jpg

$9 Bass and dark St. Lawrence

063.jpg

Natural Perch

074.jpg

Light colored- Cpt Larry

079.jpg

Foiled Natural Perch, This is the best painting job I have ever done- I plan on having a few for June in my boat of this color!

Thanks for following me down this road I have taken, hopefully 2011 will have a few baits turn out like I freaking want them to instead of adding more to my mess up pile that is growing to somewhere around 35 baits, all junk, for a fire I guess? Who knows?

Yeah Bob- those Natural Perch and St Lawrence have your name all over it! LOL. Like I said, I need to make a bunch more as I am way behind but thanks, you helped me out in the beginning and I won't forget about you now.

Nitro, thats a really neat picture you took! Looks like they really developed that Waneta shoreline! I heard they put that wall in just to keep the king out? Anyone else hear that? Something about trying to keep all those 61" muskies in Waneta or something like that. I can't really remember but I thought I read it in the local paper a while back. I have to apologize for my short term memory loss, you can blame that on my past, lol. I also heard they are going to stop making Rapala Mag Shad Raps this winter and I heard of a guy who is buying them by the 100's, all in the same 2 colors. Anyways, thanks Nitro and you will have something coming your way before too long also. Bty, I haven't even started to refinish those cracked Tuff Shads yet but need to soon. Thanks bud and happy holidays!

I just finished talking to Stan Durst and Bob from BM baits in Ohio and they want to do another ebay auction, do you guys think we should wait a few months or should we do one now and one later? Please comment on what you feel would be the best idea for our musky hatchery that we are helping support. I am ready to go and Stan is ready and I am sure Bob is ready but should we wait until later and try to get mote $ or do one now and another before the season starts for 2? Please let me know what you think? Thanks.

I would wait at least a month or more if you really want to do one soon...people are tapped out from the holidays right now. Another good time is spring, leading up to the opener when people are eager for the season and getting prepared.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I agree that it is a little too close to christmas and many people's wallets may be tight or just empty! I would wait a little bit.

Here is another suggestion...

I believe you are going to the Baker show. Why not get a few lures between you guys and do a raffle at the show? If you sell them a buck a ticket (and 6 tickets for $5), you might get more money for the fund since people can easily throw in a few bucks to try for some of these amazing baits! I would be willing to help find raffle tickets that could be use for something like this.

Thoughts?

--Joe

Thats a good one! Maybe one day they will call it the "Baker Show" but for now it's still the Butler Show. Good thinking though Joe! I am all about making money for the fishery and personally think its too soon but Stan has told me like 10x that he has some Wiley's he painted and they are donated from a guy in Kentucky (I believe) to go towards our auction. So not only is Stan going out of his way for us but a private individual that doesn't fish our lakes is doing a great deed by donating those Wiley's. This is why I ask you guys, you know better than I. I like the ticket idea, for a few bucks even my cheap a$$ would do it so I think others would also. Great idea! I still like the "Baker Show", lol. 8)

Zach, I would wait till the end of January for more Benefit Raffles for the Baitfish Fund.With more Baker Baits,BM Baits & Stan Durst painted Wiley's,who knows what Big Dollars we can Raise! My pockets are turned inside out now to.Your painting just keeps getting better and it was outstanding before! There is room for a Rochester Musky Show,you could call it the Baker Show.

Capt. Larry

The greater rochester muskie show/expo.Get "toothy",Baker baits, Saucky(spelled wrong),red october and i know there are a bunch more around the buffalo area.Mostly muskiesand an lou booth to boot as well as a seminar.See how this is taking shape..lol.And if i did`nt sell most of my baits already i could`ve had a booth myself(sol`s bargin booth) :rofl: .

sol

Great idea larry...(muskie flee market)...count me in for that.I have a few i`m getting ready to list but i`ll still have more come march.My sales are still contributing 15% for the fund... so i`ll continue with that as well.Maybe we can get the NMA to bring some merchandise???and maybe briefly explain what the club is about and does for the musky fishery for the niagara area by catch and release.Those not familiar with the club may be inclined to join whether they`re from the area or not.Could there a couple lure manufacturer reps there as well(booths)?Would only seem fitting for the event.Well just some ideas.

Bob S

I need to sign up for the NMA once again. My Dad and I used to belong but that was years ago. Here is a Wiley Fat Boy I was messing around w/ Larry. I added a bit of orange to the tail and throat along w/ the holographic eyes, cheeks and an extra clear coat. I love these lures but they get beat up quickly so I try to make them a tad tougher without adding much extra weight so it doesn't kill the deadly action of these plugs. I am a closet case Wiley junky. I have done lots of rework to my Wiley's and like just about all of them better now. I have some Wiley Musky King Jr's that look really nice also and may be the first Wiley's out of my box next year. I have a love/hate relationship with most of Wiley's though. They catch a lot of fish, wear out quickly, are tough to get and aren't the cheapest baits.

IMG_3092.jpg

I also have been messing around w/ a glitter perch color. Normal glitter perch (from Drifter Tackle) has no scales or head on it so I thought I might be able to improve on that some.

IMG_3066.jpg

I like the color and think one of these needs to get into my box. I have an idea of where this color will work but gonna have to wait on that though. Got out today and went to Black Creek and tuned like 60 baits in the rain. I was waiting for today to get to those tuned and I got SOAKED. All the fun stuff I never thought of before I starting making baits. I want to go to that Road Rules clinic also so if we can work something out?

IMG_0672.jpg

BOB- SHOW ME WHAT YOU ARE GETTING RID OF PLEASE.

Old man- router accident #2 for the winter. Not as bad as yours but 9 stitches yesterday in my left ring finger. Could have been worse but seeing the inside of my finger was not on my to do list last night at 9pm. I left a good blood trail from the basement up the stairs into the bathroom that was better than any I saw hunting this year. Ouch. No more foiling in my immediate future. Throbs like a S.O.B as I type now. Oh, the fun times had bait making! So, Mike (old man) you started this accident thing and we all know it runs in 3's so who's next? Hopefully not me again! Be careful with those routers boys!

Zach Baker- "your 9 fingered bait maker".