what kicker for 22ft PennYan with tunnel drive

Whatever model you decide you will want to add throttle control with precise adjustment.

I am a Rep. for Controllking.com Please contact me for a quote after you decide what unit you are adding to your boat. My pricing is better than what is avail. from the MFG. Unit will be shipped directly from the MFG.

Contact me at [email protected]

http://www.controlking.com

Yamaha 9.9 high thrust model, Merc is good to I had one and I still have one on 16ft aluminum boat they were both cold blooded took for ever to warm up. The yamaha will push my heavy Parker into 8 foot waves with no problem. I have the easy steer and it works great. Im shure some one on the forum has your set up and can give ya more info. Sean

I would go with a "Pro Kicker" so you get high thrust, electric start and power tilt then mount it on a solid bracket like an Adventure Marine 4100. Instead of getting remote controls get a tiller model and invest in a Garmin TR-1 Gold auto pilot for your steering and throttle.

Might be more than you were planning on spending but it would work slick and having a good auto pilot and speed control is priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 26' Penn Yan with a tunnel drive and adding a kicker has been an adventure to say the least. I changed the steering from cable to duel core rack and pinon. One cable to the rudder and one to the kicker. I have a 8 HP Yamaha and it is bulletproof. Purchased the electric start with power tilt. As for the bracket, Mike at Mike's Marina fabricated a stationary bracket that is also bulletproof. The real test was the autopilot. After much research I now have a Raymarine Sportpilot X5. Works fine...most of the time. Feel free to contact me as I can give you an earful ...or two!

Lou