Line twist -- trolling

Over the past year, I have made several mostly unsuccessful efforts to troll spinners - nothing extreme, in the size range of a #2 or 3 Mepps, or a 1/4 oz Panther Martin. I caught a couple of fish with them, but could never give them a true workout because after only 15 or 20 minutes, those spinners twisted the hell out of my line. I tried using bead chain swivels, ball bearing swivels, and a combination of both. I bought high quality Sampos, and tried them one, then two, then three at at time. Didn't matter.......no matter what I tried or how I used them, I ended up with bad line twist. Does anyone on this forum have a method or technique of trolling spinners without getting line twist that they would like to share ? I'd be most appreciative. Thanks !

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I've used Jared Johnson's Kokanee spinners behind small dodgers & flashers w/ out seeing any major line twisting. These spinners are very light weight, maybe that's why I didn't have a problem or maybe I was just lucky. Anyway, I just started playing around w/ them last fall & could be I'm in for the same problems you have had! -Andy

Try Vibrax spinners. They have an anti-rotation feature in the body. Use a quality swivel. I have trolled these in the ocean in Alaska, and did not experience line twist issues. Watch your speed, spinners are a slower presentation.

I would tend to agree with Gill-T, you may be out of the comfort zone as far as speed with those spinner types. The are heavier than the JJ's and the vibrax. How fast were you running them?

Chowder, Gill-T, Jake......thanks all for your responses....I will try some Vibrax and JJK spinners. How fast was I trolling? About as slowly as my motor would idle down to without stalling. I know spinners need a slower presentation/retrieve than spoons, but I am thinking if I can figure out this twist issue, they might be more effective than spoons

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Your problem may be the reel and not the bait. What kind of reel are you using? If level wind....the problem is not the reel, and you can ignore the rest of this post. If spinning reel it may be the method of dispensing the line rather than the spinner or swivels. I use spinning reels and always open the bail to dispense line. Hold line as the ball pulls down. Some of my fishing mates don't open bail and always get line twist.