Biggest king of my life!!!!!

He came from an ontario tributary, caught on a bright orange flash fly. Weighed 41.8 pounds and was 48 1/2 inches long.. Take into consideration that i am 6'4" 220 pounds lol. Enjoy! i look at it everyday until the ice melts. Kept fish to get it mounted, can any of you refer me to a very very profesional taxidermist please!!!

41_pound_king_1.jpg

Very nice...Had a brown trout done my son caught on Canandaiuga last year...skin mount very happy with it... another Brown is there right now: Lake Country Taxidermy(Jeff) 4145 East Main Street in Williamson 315-589-9923...This is a skin mount...Chuck

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Thank you guys a lot, and Paul i will be checking into your website today!

and to rolmops- it was early october, to tell you the truth i wasnt even fishing for him, i was fishing for a coho, and he moved up into the hole i was fishing, suprisingly he came out of the water a few times, which i thought was surely going to shake my hook out of his mouth,but luckily it stuck in there :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

no offense to anybodys work but i highly recommend not getting a skin mount, for many reasons, go replica you will thank yourself for it later on! trust me been there done that with several very reputable taxidermists, in the end the replica always looks better and lasts longer. I would recommend a guy named raymond grandner, he started his business because he was dissatisfied with the work of taxidermists and their lack of "perfect detail" and he is truel what i would consider a TRUE artist, i have no affiliation with him but have seen his work at shows, lodges etc.... you can check it out at catchandreleasefishreproductions.com seriously go with this guy, everytime you look at you'll be glad you did

I'll second and third that! definitely go with a replica, once you see a really good one you'll know why, lenny my brother had a fresh steelhead done by grandner a few years ago and it is by far the most beautiful i have ever seen, i thought he was holding a perfectly live steelie in his living room, he is masterful

thromund, i definitely agree with you, and its just the simple fact of how good an artist is... the worst are the big companies like king sailfish that produce large quantities of replicas and are not interested in qualitty, grandner will make your fish look "alive" its truly amazing. every spot every color, read his website about why he started doing replicas, it was really cut and dry why my bro chose him, we were at a fly fishing show and saw hundreds of mounts and replicas that day, but when we got to his booth it was night and day compared to ohers, they were literally 10 times better than anything else we saw! I cant wait till i catch something i want to have done, quick measuremen few photos and release and then i"m calling him, a replica is forever, a skin mount is not

• 2 weeks later...