Musky Road Rules Buffalo

Larry - what is the itinerary for this event? We know WHO will be talking but WHAT will they be talking about and at what times? Not sure yet if my busy schedule will permit me to attend this event - will be a last minute call for me unfortunately.

Thanks -

Chad

Bob, Not sure on sign up as of today, I will post here when I find out from Gregg & Tony. Here is the latest email I recieved.

On Saturday March 5, 2011 from 10AM-4PM at the Holiday Inn Grand Island sponsored by Mostly Muskies Charters and All Esox Publications we will have Gregg Thomas discussing "How to Alter Your Approach," it is here where Gregg will show you how to modify or alter your lures or presentations to get a new look or action out of your old baits. along with Marc Arena explaining "Buffalo Tube Techniques in Heavy Current," which should be great seminar the local anglers. Next would be Capt. Larry Jones from Mostly Muskies Charters the events sponsor. He will be discussing "Big Water Trolling Techniques," these techniques have proven successful for him and his clients over his many years of guiding. Scott McKee President of the Niagara Musky Assoc. Inc. will give Detailed CPR for Muskies. These seminars will be followed by an open question panel consisting of Marc Arena, Capt. Larry Jones and Gregg Thomas. Then we will conclude the day with the "New Product Review." and Door Prize Drawings for Guide Trip & Lodging with Capt. Larry D. Jones and lots of Lures etc. For you interested this event will be followed by a lure swap that will be headed up by Capt Larry Jones. Participates can stick around for the lure swap that happens right after the event. Please contact Capt Larry if you are interested in setting up or getting involved.

All Esox Publications has come on as sponsor this year. We are very excited to announce that everyone who attends the Buffalo Clinic will receive a copy of one of the quality books from All Esox Publications. We will also be giving out 10 books to attendees of the Pittsburgh clinics.

It is all set up to be a very productive, educational and informative event. We at Musky Road Rules hope to put on an event that will further the message of musky fishing and educate you all in safe and ethical practices. If you are interested in attending you can register at the door the morning of the event or at http://www.muskyroadrules.com via pay pal.

Thank you for your time,

Gregg Thomas & Tony Grant

Looks like some decent guys are going! :yes: Should be fun, just don't use this info to out fish me next year. You guys know how I freak out if someone other than me catches a fish. I get my panties all bunched up. Just joking (sort of), should be fun.

I have this assortment for the NMA MeetingTuesday Night & Lure Swap Saturday: Grandma 13" & 7 1/2"in Durst Paint,Molly Baits Big & Small in Durst Paint,Suicks 9" in Durst Paint,Smitty;Scuttle Bug,Large Jerk,Small Jerk,Sputter Bug,Power Gluide and Large Jointed Divers. 148 Baits Total--All New In Packaging-- AT 50% OFF RETAIL--ALL PROCEEDS TO BAIT FISH FUND!

Capt. Larry

Hey zach....i`ll sell ya one on wednsday!!! :rofl: Great larry..thanks for the heads up.And here i thought i`d make the trip somewhat unscathed..was gonna be some gas,a little food and my nma dues.Guess i`ll have to pass on the food and dues and buy more lures :lol:

sol

Speaking of the NMA...

I was fortunate to meet a few of the NMA members last year at their BBQ fundraiser. Can you guys tell me a little bit more about the association? Are the meetings closed to members only? If so, can you pay your dues at the door, or do they have to be paid in advance of meetings?

I feel like the NMA is in my back yard, so I am second guessing myself why I have not joined before.

Thanks guys,

--Joe

Bob- If you can get me a big Molly bait and a Suick or 2, I may give you that Wiley and that Perchbait I picked up in PA for you at the show. If you can't get me those baits , I think somehow I may misplace that Wiley Musky Killer and Perchbait until I find it again the day after the first tournament. That would suck. See what yo can do. How about a dark color and the ugliest brightest color Suick they have and something like a Perch or Sucker Molly bait? See what you can do for me please. Any 10" weighted Suicks for trolling?

Zach,Its been nuts all morning with people calling to save this and save that,then the NMA sent the lure raffle table custodian Frank by this morning and he purchased a large number of lures for the clubs raffle tables.I still have lots of lures left,but they will go to first come first go at tonights NMA Meeting.I will get more lures after this set is gone,so if you do not get any of these I will have more of the same lures agian in a couple weeks.Those who get to the NMA Meeting by 6:00 pm will get choice of the best.

Not answering the phone,it rang 14 times earlier with persons wanting this and that lure set aside,can't handle doing that and the in fighting over why did he get that one and I did not. 6:00 pm Tonight and at the Lure Swap Saturday for what is still available.

Now I know why I'm not in the Lure Business!

Capt. Larry

zach...2 7"mollys and 2 suicks.Don`t be misplacing my baits now.lolThanks larry...sorry toothy and i had to get going early.Did`nt want to walk out early but still had a good drive home.Work today was tough....clock stood still!I`ll make it back out for another meeting-was agood time.

sol

These are some that I am finishing up for this coming weekend. They all need a final clear and then they are done. Bob- thanks for the baits, like I really need any more..... I just found that Wiley and Perchbait, go figure?

002_2.jpg

Even with the small turn out of 33 people today I believe we will move forward with having Musky Road Rules here in Buffalo again in 2012.We will work on getting at least one big name guide from Ontario,Canada and another big name guide from the St. Lawerance River area for 2012.Also we will start the advertisement in late October of 2011 for Road Rules 2012!

First I want to thank everyone from LOU and the Rochester,NY area that attended,you guys had the biggest number of guy's present!

Thanks, Capt. Larry D. Jones

thanks again larry for putting this all together, great show and i enjoyed all of it.Very nice presentation scott!Thanks to Richard Minich whom supplied all attendees with one of his books.Great chatting afterwards.Rich Sandig stuck around and we got some dinner before he drove back.Little sloppy on way back home this morning but not to bad.Thanks for the rod/reel combo and i`ll be putting that reel on my other new rod.....8'6"Tooth Tamer!!I`m glad i bought those other 6 tickets.

Thanks

Bob S

very informative,Picked up a few lures and some great ideas.Lure swap was a little slow but it will only get better.Those whom did`nt make it lost out on a great opportunity to learn a little more(not everyone knows everything)and meet some great musky anglers.Not just those who put on the clinic and were involved but all who attended.Money well invested!!I believe everyone walked away happy.

sol

I have also been thinking about having an All Esox Seminar Series for 2012 with 5 speakers(2 on muskies,1 on tiger muskies,1 on northern pike & 1 on walleye),with pool demo's as well. We would get the best speakers in the Northeast for talking about how,when & where for each Esox Species.Charge $25 per person to cover all costs from meeting room to guide travel expenes etc..

Have the classroom style All Esox Seminar Series in Rochester,NY,Buffalo,NY,Bingingham,NY & Jamestown,NY for the first year and if it is a success add Syracuse,NY,Albany,NY and Sufren,NY in 2013.All seminars are to be in April a few weeks before the season openners for northern pike,tiger muskies & walleye.

Would you guy's here at LOU support this type of seminar series?

Capt. Larry D. Jones