Otisco lake this weekend

not too familiar with this lake other than it has a good norlunge population...was thinking about heading out there to ice fish the north this weekend but heard that the narrows is open water...does that mean the extreme narrowing on the south end or the narrowing on the north end? any help would be awesome

45? Wow that's a nice fish. All this early snowpack is hampering formation of safe, consistent ice. Probably another couple weeks before otisco for me.

Hit Oneida this weekend and had 3 pickles, all went back. Not very active. Couple didn't even trip the flag. Lazy fish...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ronix51,

Just found this site in my search for pure-strain musky. I think I was one of the guys that got the medium and big tiger. My buddy was from Canandaigua and we were in a Blue Clam hub style shanty. The tiger was 42" and our biggest one even though we fish that lake way more than we should! If you want to go again let me know, I am going Sunday. I would love to get out towards you guys and try Waneta/Lamoka.

Trevor

Thanks, hopefully I will get out and meet up with you guys, I live out towards Utica so its a pretty good trip for me but whats a few miles/hours for a chance at a "once in a lifetime fish".....haha.

I actually just searched for directions and if I go on the south side of the finger lakes it will take me just over 2 hours to get to Waneta.....very exciting news.

Tiger I dont know if we are going to get down there on sunday or not my other buddy kind of wanted to try oneida or cross since he lives right in brewerton but idk how safe cross lake is in the winter...to be honest im just looking forward to open water season so i can get out my round reels and start tossing super believers and big in lines haha

Haha, I hear you on the open water. Never made it out to Cross, seems every lake I go to that has tigers in it I get skunked except for Otisco so we are always falling back there. Gonna go to Otisco Sun. and Wed. fingers crossed. Never have really ice fished Oneida, whereabouts are you gonna set up?