downrigger set up

emptynet

Empty, On my Starcraft I used Eagle Feet which will clamp to each side of the boat and then ran a mounting board across. Did this because I did not want my trolling gear permanently mounted so I could easily strip the boat down for other uses. Bought mine at Forest Fisheries in Homer, NY. Think they were around $30-$35 at the time. Would allow you to get your equipment on it and fish with it for awhile before drilling lots of holes. Here is the only pic of mine that I have.

proelite2.jpg

Empty congrats on finding a boat, that's pretty much the same way as mine are mounted too :shock: , except mine is on a aluminum slide rail. Boy Maniac that's a scary picture looks just like my setup, the nets even in the same place :shock:

Check with Billy V he had some 48" Traxstech (formally Pursuit) railing for sale. I don't know if these can be connected to fit the back of your boat? http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishin ... php?t=1367

It looks like plenty of room across the transom to mount tracks, is that an old Cannon base in the pic?? If you have enough width along the gunnels I'd suggest mounting track along each gunnel for rod holders etc., and a 6" track where you want to mount your riggers.

I started out with rigger bases & rod holders bolted directly to the boat. I switched out the rigger bases w/Pursuit tracks (Traxtrech now) and may do the same with the rod holders. Track looks a lot cleaner with the inserts and it's a snap to convert from fishing machine to family cruiser :roll: :$

Hope this helps. DAN

it is a cannon base in the picture. what I did for now was mount a 2x8 elavated up off the transom. It doesn't look as good as the tracks, but it will do for now.I plan on upgrading my downriggers, and will be looking for a planer board mast when I get some more money. I would definately like to go with the tracks, because I need to be to convert over to a family boat[ one of the conditions for me to be able to buy] any way, If any one has some decent downriggers, a planer board mast or any thing like that they would like to sell I will be watching.