LOTSA Super Salmon clinic--any special topics desired?

I have been contacted by the organizers of the clinic and asked to throw this out there. Although we have a general guideline that we will follow, we want to hear some requests from attendees as to desired topics. What are some specifics from registered and soon- to-be registered attendees that you would like to see covered? This will be different, allowing the attendees some input ahead of time. One request we have heard more than once from LOTSA members is "Rough water adjustments". This will be covered and there will be plenty of opportunity for questions. Lets hear some other requests.

Tweaking spoons, when to drop divers and go to junk lines of leadcore/copper, when to go with a flasher spread vs spoon spread, how do you like to run along a verticle temp break vs hortizontal temp break. The room will be filled with experienced fishermen for the most part so skip the basics and get into the knitty gritty. :yes::yes:

Tournament tactics !!! Such as........

How to: Maintain the subtle/quite "team composure" but always end up where the fish are?

How to: Win repeatedly while against the elite on the lake?

How to: Make Kings bite while their being pressured from much traffic or mid day?

...........or you can just pm me the info

:P

Tom

Just to put some of the potential attendees'(who have sent PM's) minds at ease, of course we will remember that not everyone is advanced. We won't leave you behind. Yes, as our fishery is now "mature", and there has been a couple years of these all-day seminars, most of the attendees are advanced. That being said, it will be an "explosion" of knowledge in that room. You will be able to learn from the person to the right or left of you, as well as the presenters. Like all pursuits and some professions, ongoing education is a must to raise your game. Anglers of the Great Lakes can "sharpen up" by attending these clinics and expos, as well as participating in the tournaments around the Lake. Everyone in that room will make you feel welcome if you are a "newbie".

Hey, we're quickly starting to fill up guys, so if you're planning on coming to this event, I wouldn't wait too much longer to register. Once we hit 100 people we're done as that is all we can realistically fit in the room.

Tim

Capt. Vince,

I am a week end fisherman and what I would like some direction is:

1) We all know conditions can change day to day so if you were fishing Saturday just week ends how would you

prepair yourself?

Another words what should know before you arrive and what should you be looking for when you arrive?

2) Most of us run 6 rods, so what would be a good starting program? I am not asking lure names but would you start off

with spoons or spoons and flies? Would you run wire, Lead Core or all riggers?

2) Where would you start...what water depth ? Again I am not asking for GPS coordinates but if you want to PM a couple

I certainly would not refuse... :lol:

Another words how should you prepair yourself with a Norht blow vs. a West blow, cloudy day vs. Sunny and what

top water temps should we be looking for?

Thanks,

Howie

Does anyone know if there are any seats still available for this seminar?

As of last night we were at 77 confirmed registrations so there are still some openings, but the room is getting full.

Tim

Thanks for the quick reply Tim

Captains Vince and Bob have been working on this Seminar for us since last Spring. They have been very open to taking our input and incorporating it into their Seminar. They will be providing "Goodie Bags" to every participant worth at least the $65 admission price with relevant Tackle for Lake Ontario. The will also be awarding some of their best "go to" baits from their own boxs to those with the best questions throughout the day. So, the $65 admission price covers the price of the tackle and the Seminar with Lunch are Free! Ask a good question and you might even receive one of their own "go to" baits. The seminar is limited to 100 participants.

Joe Yaeger

I have noted your requests Howie, good stuff. I would also like to thank Cannon for donating a small gift for the attendees "door bags". They are making a huge commitment to the Lake Ontario fishery and the events held here.

I also liked Howie's requests being a newbie. What about water surface temps for the area you plan on fishing ? If I recall I remember seeing these I think on NOAA. Would you look at these before going out. Also any tips for guys with smaller boats. Thanks

Hi Ron! Don't think I will make it down there this year with river trips and final preparations for the expo. If the "stillers" pull it out in the Super Bowl, do you think the roads will even be passable by then? LOL!

We will definitely not leave the small boat angler in the dust at the clinic. See you there. A large box of "goodies" has arrived from Dreamweaver for your "door bags". Thank you Shane!

Hey guys, if you haven't registered yet and want to attend, we are just about sold out. Only 2 openings left as of last night. Once we hit 100 registrants, we're shutting the registrations down as that is all we can fit in the room.

Tim