Where to by an autopilot Raymarine X5

Knotlost

From what I understand Raymarine will be releasing the new version of the Raymarine X-5 Sport Pilot at some point this spring. Until Raymarine unveils this new version you will not be able to (nor has anyone been able to for quite some time) actually buy a new Sport Pilot anywhere.

I ran a sport pilot on my last boat. I now have a hydralic system on my current rig. There's not much comparison. The hydralic system (Furuno) is much more responsive, keeps up with wave action much better than sport pilot did. I guess it would depend on what outdrive you current have.

For any info on Raymarine, call Kevin @ 716--863--1001 from the Wilson boatyard. He just spent last weekend working a booth in Toronto for them and is a dealer.

For what it's worth Kevin @ Wilson Boatyard is the guy who I talked to about this situation, he seemed to know more about what's going on than anybody else I've run into and I've been trying to figure out what's going on w/ the availability of these units since late last summer. -Andy

The x5 is coming. We should have it by late spring from what im told although similar to the old sport pilot its not even in the same ballpark with regard to responce. Regarding the furuno pilot ( we sell those too) you can't make a direct comparison between a sport pilot and a hydraulic pilot even from a steering standpoint the latter is waaaaay better. In fact its a pretty resonable option to switch your vessel over. Whatever you guys need give me a call 7168631001

Kevin

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

• 5 weeks later...

Raymarine has been delivering the new model, it's the X5 R. My X5 failed and they are now in the process of correcting the defective ones as soon as those customers units are replace they should be stocking the retail stores. I just installed the new drive and used it today 2/16 it seem quieter & smoother than the old one. This one is redesigned

• 2 weeks later...