LOC Rant!

I was just wondering why the LOC will not put private boat names on the LOC Leader board? I understand that it is a little more work for the derby people, but us little guys (Rec fishermen) support this derby big time. I myself have had 8 people that fish with me register for the derby. I love fishing the LOC and this will not keep me from fishing it but I just don't think it is fair for us to support this derby and not get recognition on the leaderboard. If anyone agrees, feel free to comment.

i agree it would be nice ,even if two or more boats share the same name its not like there all going to be on the board, boat name ,captian(owner)and fisherperson should all be reconized................they all had part of catching fish.. Hey I Just figured why God made the june transition slow fishing period ,, so it would be easyer to attend graduation partys.........but im going tommorow slow or not might even stay monday.........

Brian- Congrats on the nice brown. I totally agree on the amature boat name thing. It would seem an amatures $25.00 is just as good as a charter boats $25.00. Didn't fishstix say something about he got them to put his name on the board somehow? We tried but they didn't let us.

Another rule I don't care for is the fact that you can only have one fish on the board at a time. My son and I both have a steelhead and a salmon that were big enough to be on the board. They only let you keep your one higher placing fish on the board.

So if you have the 2nd place king AND the 5th place brown, you will only get a check for the king. The brown won't even be on the board.

I would like the rule to be one fish per catagory (ie: one brown, one salmon, etc) as I can kind of see the point of them not wanting somebody to have several spots in any one category.

Al

When you fill out the weight affidavit just put your boats name in there where it says charter boat name, thats what I do, I don't fill in charter capts name as I am not one, They will usually then place the name of the boat with your board listing. It has workied for me several times.

Team "More On"

Janz,

I did that for the 2 fish on the board from my boat and the guy at the weigh station said that they will not post it anymore. I do see some other rec. boats on there but not all of them.

I think it has to do with each individual weigh station. Some od it ...others don't . I didn't look at the board recently but think I remember the same weigh stations putting rec boat names on the board while others don't.

Clarke

p.s. maybe I am full of hooey here but I thought that was the pattern at one time. I am sure an e-mail to Dave Chilson woulodl clarify the issue.

They should put the boat name up there, rec or charter. None of the weigh stations would get listed if it weren't for the fishermen that support the LOC and it's kind of obvious there's more rec's.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I agree with the whole name thing what difference does it make to them and really how much more work is it really?

As far as Al aka Fishshack I think if you catch a fish no matter what catagory then you should be able to enter it :!: What's the difference if you get 2 checks or they give out 2 seperate checks to two different individuals? If you entered in the derby and are able to be talented enough or like me lucky enough to catch more than one fish that qualifies , then why the heck shouldn't you be able to cash in on all of them? WHY WHY WHY!!!

Just think then Gambler could cash on 1st - 10th places in the laker division ;):P

Gambler on sat. june 30 th while my son weighed his king in here is your answer, I ASKEDto have my boatname put on the leaderboard do to the fact that the LOC HOMEPAGE gets over1800 hits a day from crountrys worldwide and children view this page,some of the amateur boatnames were not appropriate ,after hearing some of the names I would say DAVE from the loc derby is making the wright decision so lets support his decision [be a true sportsman and take akid FISHING]maybe next year if we talk with DAVE we could turn this around kicker

I can't agree with not having the private rec. boat names at the expense of a few bad apples. Life in general in all facets is such. I have to agree with those who stated that they like to see their name as well as the charters. I have a friend who fishes quite regular on Ontario who has seen his name appear and felt it was something to shoot for even it is just for name recognition. So to penelize everyone with this lack of action is not right I.M.O. Let each registration office decide if a name is appropriate or not, then they could choose to list it then at their discretion.

Gambler, agreed. I don't want to be the spoiler here, but having fished in many (almost all) of the ESLO's and LOC's ,I would like to make a few suggestions again. First- I see no need not to include the rec boats name. If the name is offensive to the registration site-do not include the name. That's simple enough. Second- I'd like to have seen the SUMMER derby run most of the summer. Not to conflict with the Fall derby of course. Why is it ending on July15th? It could have been run thru the middle of Aug. when not only most charters are rather busy, since the weather is somewhat more stable and the thermocline is usually in place. Lastly, for the fall LOC, please consider moving the cutoff back until 9:00 p.m. We all know what happens towards sunset. I know we are all fishing under the same format, but some derby fish are being missed out on simply by cutting it off at 8:00 p.m. This, of any change is the one that should be seriously considered. These are not to be offensive in any way,. Simply trying to make a few suggestions that would make these derbies better I.M.O. Anyone remember the Cash Bash days?

Chinook,

I think they cut off the summer tourney July 15th to give the weigh stations a break. These guys work really hard for us and the derby. I do like the 9 pm thing but I don't think it will fly. Some of the weigh stations are already open past their normal working hours.

how bout if ya preregester by a given date before the derby not the day your gonna fish ,you can fish all night every one on the boat must pre register also no cutoff time...why overwork the weigh sta for a few cheaters if ya dont pre regester then ya quite early might even get a few more daily guys to regester for the whole derby.hmmmm more money !!!!!!!!!!!!maybe the guys in 20th could win enuf to buy 10 gal gas.

• 2 weeks later...

I really would like to see them change the rule on having at least two people on board. I have fished most derbys and now find myself fishing alone most of the time, I released a weigher steelhead in the spring and caught a 16 lb steelhead while fishing alone about 10 days ago, of course I was alone. it just don't make sense to me, if people are going to cheat they will try to find a way. The rule should read that you must have at least one honest person aboard. I would like to see the rule changed to allow another person, other boat , marina person or who ever is available vouch for your catch. Not to rant too much, but if one guy lies his partner

must swear.

john :(