EPA approves E15 for '01-'06 cars

Billy V

This s*cks!!! Way to go, government! Way to stick it to us. Time to go stock up on water separating filters, I guess, huh? Aside from the marine aspect of it, my 2002 Expedition already gets fewer miles to the gallon running the 10% ethanol gasoline compared to the straight gasoline. I can only imagine how many times I will have to stop to fill the tank now with the 15%. :@:no:

It's all about MONEY.... The more gas you buy the more tax they get. They don't care that the less mpg actualy puts more emissions in the air per run hours vs the old gas without ethinol. I have a 96 dodge that used to get 16mpg on 87 octaine now I'm down to 10 mpg. I see no gain for the enviorment, just the tax income for the state and federal gas taxes.

Old Governor Cuomo put a ten cents a gallon tax on gasoline because there was aa "shortage of gasoline" and people would not buy so much gasoline. Now suddenly we have gasoline coming out of the sky, the ten cent New York State tax is still there and they are adding alcohol to the gasoline so we buy more gasoline.

And the sky is falling.

How stupid do they think we are?

USDA USDA USDA USDA USDA USDA USDA

Dec Dec

………….....2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/200

Production...12,540….13,110…....12,092…….13,038…......10,535……11,114……..11,807

Ethanol……....4,800……4 ,568…......3,677……..3,026…….....2,115……..1,603……….1,323

Ending Stocks..832…...1,708……....1,673……..1,624……....1,304……..1,967……….2,114

Production is total corn production in millions of bushels.

Ethanol is amount of corn used to make ethanol

I left out some of the uses on the chart to make it simpler. Left out food uses and other uses.

Ending stocks are disappearing fast. Ending stocks 2009/2010, 1708million bushels. Ending stocks 2010/2011, 832million bushels. That means this year it is predicted that the US will use 876million bushels more corn than is produced. Where are they going to get all of the corn to produce this extra ethanol? Perhaps they can turn the front lawn of the White House into a corn farm? A really big one.

I don't think trickle down affect is completely understood by the people controlling our economy. Put yourself in my shoes. I spend on an average of $5000 per month in fuel. Everytime time fuel goes up I need to adjust pricing. How fair is it for the retired people on very fixed incomes to absorb the additional expense. My two cents and you will not like it but either give small businesses a tax incentive on fuel or tax fuel for un-necessary use. The soccer moms driving big v8 SUVs, recreational off road tax or raise registrations on gas consuming vehicles not used commercially. Charter captians should be classified as commercial or small business. The bottom line is I would never stop fishing even if gas prices went to $10 per gal. But if fuel cost me business and challenges my livelihood then concessions need to be made.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I like how it's approved for 01-06 cars. So that must mean that's it automatically ok for my 92 Chevy Pick-up?? WTF!!

I like how they think it's all environmental. What a joke. It directly competes with food by driving the price of corn up, and then all the farmers want to plant more corn, which means less supply in other crops, soybeans, wheat, rice, driving the price up on those crops. Which we end up paying for trying to feed our families.

On top of all that it supports mono agriculture, which is the direct culprit of the dust bowl, and completely rapes the nutrients in the top soil, which then forces farmers to use chemical fertilizers to maintain the productivity of their fields.

I'm sure if I did more homework on the subject I could come up with some more stuff.

Not mention all the stuff you guys have already mentioned.

You're right, is the simple case of some one rich getting richer.

I don't know why I keep reading about this post. I know how angry I'm going to be every time I do. It's so frustrating the crap our elected officials stuff down our throats. Next thing you know they will exempt themselves from having to use the stuff and vote themselves another pay increase for coming up with such a great idea! And we will be stupid enough to put them back in Washington again when election time comes!

We the people need to file a class action suite against the EPA on this. It's been done in the past and succeeded in other area, like the clean water act. At LOC if we band together, it could be accomplished. Crying about it, and doing nothing is like the Ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

Mcdragon :o:o:(

This does create problems for all of us. I am a school bus contractor in Pa. I have 18 units and have storage tanks on site for diesel and gas. They shoved the ultra low sulfer diesel fuel on us and then bio-diesel. fuel mileage went to hell and water problems have been a big issue. the E10 gas was another nightmare.

The E10 cleans all the crap out of an older fuel tank sending it right to the filter and corrodes aluminum. With lots of work I have overcome these problems but I have to to stay in business.

first thing is treat gas with 104 plus octane booster. fuel mileage returns but it's $8.00 a bottle

second stock up on sta-bil. if there is any aluminum in your fuel system use it often.

third switch spin on fuel filters to Ethanol blend filters. Bio tek brand part number 70122 fit my Thompson

Change filters often and take spares with you on the lake. Ethanol makes water and with cold mornings and hot days on the lake this should really suck.I run 104 plus in my boat to,makes that V-6 snort :lol:

Guys running outboards I would install a spin on filter before it hits your motors.

This is a huge slap in the face to us guys trying to have fun and a bigger pain to the charter captains.

Good luck, I would like to see this fuel go away. It has not decreased our need for imported oil and creates higher emissions than regular unleaded gas. But hey we have health care now right?

• 2 years later...

USDA USDA USDA USDA USDA USDA USDA

Dec Dec

………….....2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/200

Production...12,540….13,110…....12,092…….13,038…......10,535……11,114……..11,807

Ethanol……....4,800……4 ,568…......3,677……..3,026…….....2,115……..1,603……….1,323

Ending Stocks..832…...1,708……....1,673……..1,624……....1,304……..1,967……….2,114

Production is total corn production in millions of bushels.

Ethanol is amount of corn used to make ethanol

I left out some of the uses on the chart to make it simpler. Left out food uses and other uses.

Ending stocks are disappearing fast. Ending stocks 2009/2010, 1708million bushels. Ending stocks 2010/2011, 832million bushels. That means this year it is predicted that the US will use 876million bushels more corn than is produced. Where are they going to get all of the corn to produce this extra ethanol? Perhaps they can turn the front lawn of the White House into a corn farm? A really big one.

Told ya so

Corn shortage idles 20 ethanol plants nationwide

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hWARpb_fnm_9yTjH2Yop4_ACU9Qg?docId=7e1605d746914ba5b429889d07e4aa0b